1-800 CONTACTS Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1-800 CONTACTS Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in July 2015.

Interview

You start with a phone interview then you fallow up with a personality type test you can do on your computer. If they like what they here you they call you in for a face to face interview and a skills test. The test is not hard it is basic windows questions and a type test you only have to type 30 WPM. Then you talk to a hiring manager and answer star interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you go about getting to know your co- workers at your last job?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation but they are really good about getting you a schedule that will work for you. I only just started the training process but I tell you this company is different. They truly care about there employees and want you to be happy.

Other Interview Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

There is a video interview that you record and email in. From there you would do an in-house interview that is lead by one of the managers and the recruiter for that location. They have you take a quick test to test your knowledge and then timed typing test to make sure that you meet the minimum requirement.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you disagree with your direct supervisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

It started with hearing about the job from a friend and submitting a reaumé. Then there was a brief phone interview. Next, you get a link where you answer six brief questions in writing, and six additional questions by recording yourself on video.

If successful, you go in to the office for a skills test of ten questions, which you must answer correctly, including questions which answers are obtained by navigating the customer database. You must also type above 42 WPM.

If successful, a behavioral interview is conducted.
    A senior manager will interview you if they believe you are able to perform the job. If the manager decides you are a good fit, an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone with whom you did not get along. How did you handle that situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to select exactly the hours I wanted to work. No negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

They have you shadow current employees to help you get a feel for the job. You listen to calls and once you are completed with that, they give you a tour of the building and tell you more about the company and the benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

The interview first starts with a screening by a recruiter. They ask you questions about your past jobs and about why you want to work for 1-800 CONTACTS. If you pass that they bring you in for an interview and a basic computer skills test. If you don't know the basics of computers (using the internet etc.) don't go. They use behavioral interviewing techniques. During the interview portion the recruiter asks you about past work experiences. You have to be specific like what the situation was, what actions you took in detail and the result. Think of examples before you go on customer service, learning new things, etc. It's hard to BS these answers. If you pass the recruiter interview they have you meet with a Manager who asks you similar questions. The process is quick and fairly easy and everyone is really nice. They also gave me a tour of the building and the cafe and gym- Awesome! They actually offered me the job about a day later and asked me what hours during a specific time slot I would want to work after training. ( scheduled was 2 to 11pm) but they also have morning shifts. Oh and they do do a background and electronic I-9. A friend didn't disclose he had a marijuana possession conviction so he got booted for 6 months because he didn't write it down. Also, we had a girl termed during training cause she was using a fake social security #. (she told me this but not sure if that was the real reason)

Interview Questions

• It was some questions related to weaknesses. Not the typical, "What is your weakness?" but more like "Tell me about a time you had to work with a manager to overcome a weakness."   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have set salary bands that they bring agents in at. They offer $12 an hour unless you have specific experience as an agent. There really wasn't much negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

You will be required to answer behavioral questions. 1800 Contacts wants people who are enthusiastic and fun. The job requires that you have strong verbal skills and decent technological skills. They will make you take a typing test to make sure you are able to type a certain amount of words per minute. Not a difficult interview, but they want good employees.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a past job to up-sale a customer on a certain product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

They have you fill out a long questionnaire, and then schedule a phone interview based on those answers. The guy they have doing the phone interviews is terrible. He was horrible at clarifying things and had no personality. I think they have a very narrow idea of who they will hire, and if you don't fit into that box then you are out.

Interview Questions

• How many unplanned absences from work do you think are acceptable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

You first begin by emailing them your resume. They then send you this long questionnaire that you have to fill out which is really just the application. If they like your answers then you get a phone interview that you schedule with them.

Both the phone interview and questionnaire ask a lot of questions about your past experience They want to know about your work history, attendance, customer service, challenges, etc...typical things that employers want to know about, but they're really big on examples. Many of the questions begin with "give an example..."

I can not say that I was too impressed with the phone interview. The girl interviewing me was not very personable nor was she very easy to communicate with. She actually got kind of snooty with me a few times. I did not get to the person to person interview, but I probably would have turned the offer down after that experience. It just seems like any other company that views their entry level employees as dispensable.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you faced a company policy that you were unhappy with, and what did you do to cope with that obstacle?   Answer Question
    • "If we call your past employer what can you expect them to tell us about your attendance?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in March 2011.

Interview

If you are considered you will go through a phone interview, then an online assessment. If you pass both you will be called in for a face to face interview. Then they offer the job after a couple of days. Once you are offered the position, you go through a four week training. The training is easy but they give three tests and if you don't pass them you get the boot.

Interview Questions

• They are all behavior based questions. It's best to look up star testing questions and think of at least 10 specific stories for the interview. They look for answers that follow the star format.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non