1-800 CONTACTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1-800 CONTACTS Interview Questions

Interviews at 1-800 CONTACTS

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS.

Interview

Astonishingly unprofessional. I saw a post on LinkedIn about a PdM opening at 1-800’s Premium Vision line shortly before Thanksgiving. I reached out directly to the hiring manager. We had a great phone call. He then passed me off to a recruiter. Now, this is where things decline. About a year prior to this engagement with 1-800, I had reached out to this same recruiter about a director of PdM role. Really nice message, but confident, explaining why I’m a good fit. This recruiter, in typical amateur recruiter fashion, looked at my LinkedIn profile, and just didn’t respond. I then received an automated rejection. Super catty. But, maybe he was new at the time, so this time around I decided to ride it out.

I was brought in to meet with a series of product managers. One thing that stuck out very clearly was no one on the hiring team had any idea what they were looking for. They kept using jargony phrases like, “We just need someone who’s gonna come in and take control, really ramp up and do amazing things.” I asked many, many questions (probably one of the reasons I wasn’t selected), about the thought that went into their recent development team overhaul, why they released at the cadence they did, what the 90 and 120-day expectations would be for the person brought on, how I’d be interacting and working with each of the individual PdMs I met with, etc.

I had what I thought was a good series of these meetings topped off with another solid one with the hiring manager. I was given a tour by the aforementioned recruiter. At the end, he said the hiring manager wanted to bring me back the following Thursday (1 week) for a final interview, because he had “received positive feedback from the hiring team.” He said they’d let me know by the end of day what time the meeting would be at. I left feeling really confident.

But then one day passed, then another. So I followed up to ensure I made time to accommodate the meeting. Then another two days passed. I reached out to the hiring manager. Another day passed. Then I reached out to both the day before I was supposed to come in and implored them to tell me if I was still under consideration - I needed more notice than a day to accommodate the interview and my own schedule. I received a curt response from the recruiter saying I wasn’t selected, then another response from the hiring manager saying I wasn’t a good culture fit. Interesting on both accounts considering the recruiter said he’d received positive feedback from the hiring team about me such that I was at least a top candidate, then it changed? Most folks can agree that it’s wildly unprofessional to hang a candidate out to dry like that. This behavior wasn’t altogether surprising given what I’d experienced a year prior with the recruiter.

Originally, I wasn’t going to leave this review. But then I saw the position posted twice since December, as recently as yesterday. I figured people should know Premium Vision has no vision.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with workplace conflict?   1 Answer

Customer Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

Quick assessment test in a private room on the computer to evaluate computer competency followed by a building tour and introduction to the interviewer. They then had me shadow a call center agent to allow opportunity for pointed question development and finished with a one on one interview with the team lead I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

I’m going to explain what I went through for this process..
    Firstly, I had a phone interview which went really well. The man over the phone really liked me, so he had me come in the next day for an in person interview.
    I did the typing test & computer knowledge test. (Which I got 100% on the computer knowledge and scored average on the typing.) The guy who interviewed me in person wasn’t the same as the phone interview. He was pretty bent about my average typing scores, so he excused himself to go “talk to someone about it”

He went into the hallway right outside the door, I could hear everything he was saying to this person. Including him saying “Her personality is lacking so I just don’t know how I feel about her.” He came back into the room to have me retake the typing test, which I was now even more nervous and shaking from what I overheard.

Well, a day passes and I get a call from the phone interviewer. He tells me that the position I applied for doesn’t fit me & to come back in to interview for another position.

I come back a week later, and he apologizes for the guy that was saying rude things about a potential employee. Then, I interview for the Sales position. This interview went so much better, nobody excused themself to go talk about me. I thought I had it in the bag...
    Until I receive an already formatted email saying they went with candidates that better fit their needs.
    Couldn’t even personally call me or email me to give feedback? So they wasted about 2 hours, just to turn me away anyway? If I didn’t fit any of the jobs, why have me come in again??

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Charlotte, NC) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online got a call back and drove to interview the staff were great while I waited for interview to start did the interview and did a walk through with manager after the walk through I received a phone call for a call back

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

First there is a phone interview that is about 20 minutes long. It consists mostly of the job description, company overview, benefits offered, and finishes with a couple behavioral questions. If you do well, then a face-to-face interview is scheduled. The in-person interview was a tad lengthy - over an hour and a half long - but was enjoyable and engaging. You begin by taking a skill test that tests your knowledge on basic Windows applications and shortcuts as well as utilizing the 1800 Contact website to gather information. That is followed by a simple one paragraph typing test. You then sit in with a current employee that is in the position you are applying for so that you can get a good feel for the position first hand. Afterwards, you get a tour of the beautiful facility. It ends with two face-to-face interviews. The entire process was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based off of my resume and were behavioral type questions being answered in the star format.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for this job on their direct website and within a week got a response from 1 of their recruiters. Did a phone interview with him, he had a list of questions that he went through. The recruiter did not know much about marketing since I asked him what the job entails on a day to day basis. Overall the process was very simple however, he took my questions to the VP of marketing and I never heard back till weeks later with an email stating I was not a good fit. Terrible since they claim they have a lot of good reviews.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

It took me numerous of times to finally get an interview. I have a lot of warehouse experience, RF scanner, picking, packing, shipping and receiving....I thought the interview went well and the person who did my interview asked me if I could start work that Monday and of course I said yes. He told me that the recruiter would give me a call or email that Friday in which I didn't mind because I thought I had the job. In other words she told me that they were bringing 5 people from Utah and she advised me to reapply even the guy who gave my interview. I called the guy who gave my interview and asked what happen, he told me my interview went very well but they went with some one more "better" in which I don't understand what that means if I have all the qualifications. I know you will not get every job you apply for but you can not let people think they have a job and play them like that especially if they have a family or even homeless....Give people a chance, I would have been an awesome worker and I am sure the other people you confused would have been also. Give people in Charlotte NC a chance to show that we are hard workers regardless of someone pass and how would you know if someone is better than me by looking at a resume or even interviewing!!!! Thanks!!!!

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Seems like you need to have no warehouse experience to get a job. I applied and had every qualification, the interview went well. I showed that i was willing to do anything, had a great attitude all the time. At the end i received an email that they went with another more “qualified” candidate. How?! Screw this company.

Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call within that week and asked to come in to interview the next day after completing an over the phone interview. Pretty simple. They were mostly concerned that I'd be able to work the schedules they required. The girl that interviewed me was very polite and made me feel very comfortable. She typed up my responses on her phone and gave it to a manager who then called me the next day to offer me the job.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief interview via phone and in-person interview. Followed up by reviewing candidates, which they had many who applied. In my experience, it was very competitive. Lots of in depth question ranging from personality traits to employment history.

Interview Questions

• Q; Give an example of a challenge you overcame in one of your past jobs?   Answer Question