1-800 CONTACTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 1-800 CONTACTS

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

First there is a phone interview that is about 20 minutes long. It consists mostly of the job description, company overview, benefits offered, and finishes with a couple behavioral questions. If you do well, then a face-to-face interview is scheduled. The in-person interview was a tad lengthy - over an hour and a half long - but was enjoyable and engaging. You begin by taking a skill test that tests your knowledge on basic Windows applications and shortcuts as well as utilizing the 1800 Contact website to gather information. That is followed by a simple one paragraph typing test. You then sit in with a current employee that is in the position you are applying for so that you can get a good feel for the position first hand. Afterwards, you get a tour of the beautiful facility. It ends with two face-to-face interviews. The entire process was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based off of my resume and were behavioral type questions being answered in the star format.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in October 2012.

Interview

I was given the opportunity to apply for a position within the company. The recruiter understood that I had another job and that I would need to work around my current schedule. I had interviews at 7 a.m. to accommodate my schedule and was brought back multiple times in order to work around the various time constraints. After multiple interviews, I was offered the position and was given the opportunity to discuss the position and potential change of employment with my spouse. The benefits package was laid out clearly as was the salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell of time when dealing with a hard personality and how you handled that person and the situation to have the best outcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

1. Hr asking behavior questions
    2. Phone screen by hiring manager - Went over advanced C# concepts - Delegates, Events, Lambda, Extension Methods, Dependency Injection.First he asked do i know FizzBuzz question, since i said yes, he asked Reverse String Question
    3. Called for Onsite Interview
    4. HR walked through all the floors
    5. Interviewed ny tow team
    6. In the first team asked to complete an App, by doing CRUD operation in .NET MVC and asked questions like DIV vs SPAN..Explain different Display options in css. Dependency Injection.
    7. In second team asked to code a page on clicking a button to display text

Interview Questions

• Delegates, Events, Lambda, Extension Methods, Dependency Injection.First he asked do i know FizzBuzz question, since i said yes, he asked Reverse String Question. DIV vs SPAN..Explain different Display options in css   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within the week and setup a phone interview the following week. That led to a onsite visit the next day that started with a interview with a HR rep for screening and then i met the team lead for a technical interview which was followed up by second personality and technical interview with a panel of developers, who ended up being the entire team i worked with.

Interview Questions

• create an SQL query across multiple tables involving inner and outer joins   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Seems like you need to have no warehouse experience to get a job. I applied and had every qualification, the interview went well. I showed that i was willing to do anything, had a great attitude all the time. At the end i received an email that they went with another more “qualified” candidate. How?! Screw this company.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

It took me numerous of times to finally get an interview. I have a lot of warehouse experience, RF scanner, picking, packing, shipping and receiving....I thought the interview went well and the person who did my interview asked me if I could start work that Monday and of course I said yes. He told me that the recruiter would give me a call or email that Friday in which I didn't mind because I thought I had the job. In other words she told me that they were bringing 5 people from Utah and she advised me to reapply even the guy who gave my interview. I called the guy who gave my interview and asked what happen, he told me my interview went very well but they went with some one more "better" in which I don't understand what that means if I have all the qualifications. I know you will not get every job you apply for but you can not let people think they have a job and play them like that especially if they have a family or even homeless....Give people a chance, I would have been an awesome worker and I am sure the other people you confused would have been also. Give people in Charlotte NC a chance to show that we are hard workers regardless of someone pass and how would you know if someone is better than me by looking at a resume or even interviewing!!!! Thanks!!!!

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I was an internal candidate and the interview process was easy for me. I moved up in the department so I already knew my manager. He felt like I would be a good fit for the role if I wanted to apply.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I was most scared about interviewing for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a coding assignment. Took time to finish the assignment and submitted through an email. Utterly disappointed for no feedback on why submission ( why rejected). After spending lot of time to solve the assignment, I would definitely feel that a honest feedback is the least to expect.

Interview Questions

• Coding assignment to solve the problem using TDD practices.   1 Answer

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS.

Interview

The initial online application process is very easy if you already have a resume in the correct format and I received a confirmation email right away. The pre screening process is different, is a combination of written and video questions. The instructions were no very clear for the video part of the pre screening.

Interview Questions

• They were job specific questions to explain process and behavior of candidate   Answer Question

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS.

Interview

After I applied for the job, someone from the company called me and set up a phone interview. The phone interview as not very long. It seemed like it was being done by someone just getting details and not a decision maker. I did not advance beyond the phone interview.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through a referral.

Received email asking to confirm dates and times through an online calendar. Didn't hear back for a few days and then the recruiter finally confirmed.

Recruiter called me late and I wasn't able to pick up. I couldn't stay in a private area for 15 minutes at work waiting for the recruiter to finally call. He left a voicemail and I called back.

He asked chained hypothetical questions such as: If there was a conflict at work and then the results were amazing what would you do differently and what would you say to your boss. Questions similar to those were being asked for 30 minutes and it was pretty ridiculous because he said the interview would only be 10 minutes long. He asked questions about my current workplace as well, how big is your team, how many accounts do you handle, how much do you make, etc. It all came off as industrial espionage so be careful.

At the end he told me this location is by the airport and in a small warehouse, not the office in draper. He would contact me in no later than 2 days. A week later I received an automated email with my name spelled wrong that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had conflict with an employee, supervisor, and how that changed work for the better and how you could turn that to tell a business director.

Do you like business directors and how they operate, what can they do better in the course of business over a year   Answer Question