1-800 CONTACTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.9

Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online, asked to take a test online Typing and computer. Asked to do a phone interview. Asked to come in to job shadow and interview with manager.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief interview via phone and in-person interview. Followed up by reviewing candidates, which they had many who applied. In my experience, it was very competitive. Lots of in depth question ranging from personality traits to employment history.

Interview Questions

• Q; Give an example of a challenge you overcame in one of your past jobs?   Answer Question

Rx Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

Received email with personality questionnaire. Then had a phone interview. Then in-person interview. Nothing too hard. They asked average customer service and data entry questions. The phone interview is a bit awkward, but I'm not sure they do phone interviews anymore.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had difficulty completing a task and how did you end up doing it?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through a referral.

Received email asking to confirm dates and times through an online calendar. Didn't hear back for a few days and then the recruiter finally confirmed.

Recruiter called me late and I wasn't able to pick up. I couldn't stay in a private area for 15 minutes at work waiting for the recruiter to finally call. He left a voicemail and I called back.

He asked chained hypothetical questions such as: If there was a conflict at work and then the results were amazing what would you do differently and what would you say to your boss. Questions similar to those were being asked for 30 minutes and it was pretty ridiculous because he said the interview would only be 10 minutes long. He asked questions about my current workplace as well, how big is your team, how many accounts do you handle, how much do you make, etc. It all came off as industrial espionage so be careful.

At the end he told me this location is by the airport and in a small warehouse, not the office in draper. He would contact me in no later than 2 days. A week later I received an automated email with my name spelled wrong that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had conflict with an employee, supervisor, and how that changed work for the better and how you could turn that to tell a business director.

Do you like business directors and how they operate, what can they do better in the course of business over a year   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in September 2016.

Interview

I sent over my resume then I received an email back to do an online test and once i was done with test to reply with a time that works best for phone interview. Once I did the phone interview I set up for second interview. The second interview was with with a manager and to listen/watch what the job is about.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (North Salt Lake, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. About a week later, I was asked to come in the next week for an onsite interview and met with a couple of young women who had me answer questions, take a typing test, and then sit with a current associate to observe the procedure.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me a time when you assumed greater responsibility, going above and beyond. What specific actions did you take and what were your results?

Q. Describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction.

Q. Give a specific example of a time you had to address an angry customer. What was the problem, and what was the outcome? How would you assess your role in diffusing the situation?

Q. Describe a situation when you exceeded a customer's expectations.

Q. Tell us a specific time when you had to handle a tough problem that challenged fairness or ethics. How did you address the problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a coding assignment. Took time to finish the assignment and submitted through an email. Utterly disappointed for no feedback on why submission ( why rejected). After spending lot of time to solve the assignment, I would definitely feel that a honest feedback is the least to expect.

Interview Questions

• Coding assignment to solve the problem using TDD practices.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

They do a phone interview first to feel out your personality, then they do an in person interview where they ask you about things you are passionate about, what you would do in certain situations, etc. If you have a positive attitude and can talk to people, you'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• What is something you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

1. Hr asking behavior questions
    2. Phone screen by hiring manager - Went over advanced C# concepts - Delegates, Events, Lambda, Extension Methods, Dependency Injection.First he asked do i know FizzBuzz question, since i said yes, he asked Reverse String Question
    3. Called for Onsite Interview
    4. HR walked through all the floors
    5. Interviewed ny tow team
    6. In the first team asked to complete an App, by doing CRUD operation in .NET MVC and asked questions like DIV vs SPAN..Explain different Display options in css. Dependency Injection.
    7. In second team asked to code a page on clicking a button to display text

Interview Questions

• Delegates, Events, Lambda, Extension Methods, Dependency Injection.First he asked do i know FizzBuzz question, since i said yes, he asked Reverse String Question. DIV vs SPAN..Explain different Display options in css   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, then I was invited for an in-person interview and typing test. They didn't tell me I would be taking a computer test too, which I failed because I don't use shortcuts. I was told they really liked me but couldn't accept me because I failed their computer test (but passed typing). Ridiculous, I could have learned shortcuts in minutes!

Interview Questions

• They want specific examples of everything they ask. Describe a situation in which you did this, or that, and what was the result? How did you handle such and such situation? Really detailed questions and answers for a low-paying call center job.   Answer Question