1-800 CONTACTS Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 1-800 CONTACTS

1 Interview Review

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

I’m going to explain what I went through for this process..
Firstly, I had a phone interview which went really well. The man over the phone really liked me, so he had me come in the next day for an in person interview.
I did the typing test & computer knowledge test. (Which I got 100% on the computer knowledge and scored average on the typing.) The guy who interviewed me in person wasn’t the same as the phone interview. He was pretty bent about my average typing scores, so he excused himself to go “talk to someone about it”

He went into the hallway right outside the door, I could hear everything he was saying to this person. Including him saying “Her personality is lacking so I just don’t know how I feel about her.” He came back into the room to have me retake the typing test, which I was now even more nervous and shaking from what I overheard.

Well, a day passes and I get a call from the phone interviewer. He tells me that the position I applied for doesn’t fit me & to come back in to interview for another position.

I come back a week later, and he apologizes for the guy that was saying rude things about a potential employee. Then, I interview for the Sales position. This interview went so much better, nobody excused themself to go talk about me. I thought I had it in the bag...
Until I receive an already formatted email saying they went with candidates that better fit their needs.
Couldn’t even personally call me or email me to give feedback? So they wasted about 2 hours, just to turn me away anyway? If I didn’t fit any of the jobs, why have me come in again??

Interview Questions