1-800-Flowers.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Carle Place, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied directly to the position and got a call back from the Recruiter. We had a phone interview and it went well. From our discussion it sounded like the position was perfect for me. I went in for an onsite interview about a week later. The onsite interview didn't go as well. The recruiter had me meet with other people in HR who didn't seem very interested to meet with me at all. A few days later I had an email stating that I did not get the position.

Seasonal At Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

The company sends an email, with a link to the virtual interview. The interview itself was over the phone, but the questions are listed online. You can record your answers, listen to them, and change/ re-record if necessary.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Carle Place, NY).

Interview

Short and they never followed up at all to notify me of whether or not I was hired for the position. The pay is also very low/below average here compared to other companies to work for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Basic customer service questions. How I dealt with angry customers. The pay is nothing to brag about. Benefits are ok. Employee discount ok. Must be able to work 50-60 hours on peak day. Training is for 2 weeks. Everyone seem nice and friendly. Their main customers reps are overseas, they care about their customers and want to make sure you can handle customers who are upset their order was not fulfilled

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Applied online and got an email asking if I could do a one-on-one phone interview. They sent me attachments to look at before the phone interview of common interviewing questions but didn't ask me any of the questions from those attachments.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions overall - what is your dream job? what department are you interested in and why?   Answer Question

Florist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

First, the phone interview after I applied online. There was some basic HR questions in the phone interview. Then, I went to the in person interview. Basic Interview questions. It was hard to not get along with the interviewers. I did not get an offer. I would recommend the interview process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Westbury, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (not an internal recruiter) after posting my resume on a job board, and the recruiter got me a phone interview with a tech mgr, who then decided I should come in for an in-person interview. The interview was with three people, and detailed (including drawing on whiteboard by me and the Mgr), and seemed to go well, but shortly after the interview, the recruiter notified me that they had finished interviewing me and others, and had then decided to "re-think" what they wanted for the position. Who knows?

Interview Questions

• How would you transfer information from a customer ordering at store to the company's intermediate data repository, and finally to the target store for order fulfillment in the chain.   Answer Question

Virtual" Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

An online application, followed by a personality test and customer service skills test. ( about 1 hour) After finishing these tests I qualified for a data entry test. The test was virtual and gave you a brief (10 minute) training course on how to enter order information and use the customer data base. The data entry test was automatic and began with a sample caller asking a question. The screen offered three or four answers that you would respond with if you were actually an agent. You are given about 10 sample callers and as a “virtual agent” need to respond to the callers questions appropriately and enter the data provided by the caller. Such as looking up orders, giving credits, and reshipping items. This test took approximately 1 hour to complete. After successful test completion I was offered a phone interview, and provided with the available time slots. So after completing the online application you are automatically taken to the online testing. The total test time was about 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
    The phone interviewer called at the scheduled time and asked me several questions similar to those asked on the customer service skills test such as what would you do if a customer asked to be called “Joe Jones” and your company policy is to address everyone as Mr. or Mrs. The interviewer was going to give me another test but I was not expecting another lengthy test so I could not go on with the interview at that time. I was offered another time to set up this second round of tests but as offered another job, so I never moved forward with this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• The Customer Service questions   1 Answer
    • The personality questions are generally based on what is right or wrong.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (East Meadow, NY) in September 2007.

Interview

I first met with a nice HR rep, who told me about the benefits and requirements--including MANDATORY OVERTIME FOR ALL on Christmas Eve and Mother's Day. Not in the office--but delivering flowers. Totally inappropriate for such a big company.

The hiring manager was pleasant and forthright about there being no job growth, which I figure is why I didn't get a call back--I'd mentioned that I wanted to find a place to grow. Imagine hearing on an interview that no growth was available from the position they wanted to fill!

Director, Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in January 2012.

Interview

First round with HR via phone. Second round with hiring manager and another teammate. Third round with senior HR, a direct report junior to the role and a round table interview with executive committee members.

Interview Questions

• How will you do coming from a big firm to a smaller firm?   Answer Question