Merkle Interview Question: 1) How did learn about this j... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Account Director Interview

1) How did learn about this job opening at Merkle? 2) Did

you hear about Merkle before applying for this job or after? 3) Tell me about your work experience as in the resume starting from the latest, what positions did you hold, why did you leave them? 4) Do you have experience in direct mail, email marketing and project management? Please elaborate. 5) Salary expectation?
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

The HR person seemed very impressed with my qualification and work experience. The HR person asked my salary expectation as that was a pre-requisite for forwarding my resume to the hiring manager. However, my candidacy was rejected because I asked for $120,000 salary (negotiable) which according to the HR was extremely high for this role ( Note: Per the job description, this position requires 6-9 years+ of work experience). I found this very strange since as per the salaries mentioned on Glassdoor, a Merkle Associate Account Director in Baltimore earns about $113k - $121k.

(Note: The job title on LinkedIn, Merkle's career page, the automated email that I received plus the email from HR stated Account Director. However, the job description stated Associate Account Director everywhere. Such kind of a typo indicates ignorance, negligence and lack of seriousness).

Interview Candidate on Jun 27, 2017

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.