Interview Question

Global Customer Support Summer Interview

-London, England, England

Bloomberg L.P.

1) Tell me about BloomBerg? 2) What are Bloomberg’s products 3) What are Bloomberg’s Competitors: 4) Who are Bloomberg’s clients? 5) Why Bloomberg? 6) Why This Job? 8) What is the difference between good and excellent customer’s services? 9) What are your experiences in Customer Services?

Answer

Interview Answers

2 Answers

1) Tell me about BloomBerg? (Financial Data & Analytics) So, Bloomberg is a Limited partnership that was founded by Michael Bloomberg in 1981. Bloomberg L.P. provides financial software tools such as an analytics and equity trading platform, data services and news to financial companies and organizations through the Bloomberg Terminal (Bloomberg Professional Service). Bloomberg also includes a wire-service (Bloomberg News), a global television network (Bloomberg Television), digital websites, a radio station (WBBR), subscription-only newsletters, and three magazines: Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets, and Bloomberg Pursuit. More recently (2014), launched Bloomberg Politics. 2) What are Bloomberg’s products? a) So Bloomberg’s products are: i) Bloomberg Professional Service (1) Bloomberg terminal allows subscribers to access the Bloomberg Professional service to monitor and analyse real-time financial data, search financial news, obtain price quotes and send electronic messages through the Bloomberg Messaging Service. ii) Bloomberg News (1) Content produced by Bloomberg News is disseminated through the Bloomberg terminal, Bloomberg Television, Bloomberg Radio, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg.com iii) Bloomberg radio & television iv) Bloomberg Markets (A monthly magazine that provides in-depth coverage of global financial markets for finance professionals.) v) Bloomberg Government (An online service that provides news and information about politics, along legislative and regulatory coverage) vi) Bloomberg Law (A Subscription service for real-time legal research) vii) Bloomberg View (An editorial division of Bloomberg News) viii) Bloomberg Tradebook (An electronic agency brokerage for equity, futures, options and foreign exchange trades) ix) Bloomberg Beta (A venture capital firm capitalized by Bloomberg L.P) x) The Bloomberg Innovation Index (An annual ranking of how innovative countries are) 3) What are Bloomberg’s Competitors: a) So, The largest competitor to the Bloomberg’s terminal is Thomson Reuters with its Reuters 3000 Xtra system. Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters splitting 30% each of the market share in 2011. This was a major improvement for Bloomberg as the share in 2007 was Bloomberg's 26% to Reuters' 36%. Other major competitors include Money.Net, the Infront terminal, SIX Financial Information, MorningStar Direct, Markit, Zacks Investment Research, FactSet Research Systems, Capital IQ, PrivateRaise.com, Advantage Data Inc, Fidessa and Dow Jones. According to Burton-Taylor International Consulting, the market for financial data and analytics was worth almost $25 billion as of 2011. 4) Who are Bloomberg’s clients? Bloomberg clients include most financial institutions and many desks, of traders, analysts and management in that system. For instance, Bank of America, Citi group, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and Hedge funds/mutual funds/asset management/brokers firms like bridge water, WisdomTree, Black Rock etc… Also some universities like Harvard and UCLA. Bloomberg has a very diversified client list for its terminal services. 5) Why Bloomberg? I want to work for Bloomberg, because I believe on the firm’s culture. I value meritocracy and, diversity of thought and perspective in every form. Also, As a business administration student, I very much appreciate the transparency Bloomberg brings to the financial markets. 6) Why This Job? Because I enjoy engaging with people and I am comfortable in providing top-notch customer’s services. I am able to adapt to any given situation and I know I can add value to the problem-solving of a variety of challenges that Bloomberg’s clients might face day-in, day-out. I am also tri-lingual with good command of English, Spanish and Portuguese grammar and spelling and should the customer request assistance in one these languages I will be at their service.

Anonymous on

Did you get a offer yet?

Rita on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.