1st Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.1

Desktop Tech Support II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 1st Global (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Lengthy process. You'll do a phone interview with a recruiter in HR; take a pair of "compatibility tests"; go through a skills interview over the phone, and finish with face to face interviews with a number of people you'll work with and for. They're very thorough and deliberate in choosing who to hire.

Interview Questions

• I think the most stressful part of the process was the personality quizzes. Other than that, they made it very comfortable for me. Also, I like to participate in interviewing the company as they interview me; who I work for and how they conduct business is important to me.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 1st Global (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Initially, it's like every other company. I had a phone screen with the recruiter and then a face-to-face interview a couple of weeks later. The face-to-face interviews are pretty long - 3 hours, which may be overkill, especially if you aren't going to make an offer. The interview itself was relatively easy. The people were friendly.. Took a week or so to get an offer.

Compliance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1st Global (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Misleading Interview. 2 one hour separate phone screens. One FIVE hour onsite experience with three separate one hour manager interviews. Personality and logic tests involved. I felt well qualified particularly with HR rep verbiage stating I would be a good fit. Thinking I made the cut, I got a rejection next day. Although I don't mind rejection as an adult, it would be better to leave reduce the time to interview. It's definitely excessive in light of rejected candidates' time. 2-3 hours max. I wasn't applying for an executive position. I would suggest using neutral language in communications to candidates regarding their prospects prior to meeting hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter said they spent a lot of time on S.T.A.R. style questions. In reality all three managers stated they were "canned" questions and spent more time clarifying my experience and resume. They actually modified the questions to their own interpretation for the job and asked for an answer from my experiences.   1 Answer

Senior Reconciliation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 1st Global in March 2015.

Interview

It's was a phone interview and it went well. I spoke to HR rep and director and conversation was good. I enjoy talking to them both. I think it's a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What do I do at my current job   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 1st Global.

Interview

They feed you a lot of bull in the beginning, but they lie! Don't apply to this company. They will not tell you everything early on, and you will learn the hard way, unfortunately!

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any difficult or unexpected question during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tough! I needed a job and agreed to much less than the work I was expected to perform.

New Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1st Global.

Interview

The company is thorough when interviewing candidates. The first interview is by phone conduct a phone with an HR representative. If the candidate successfully completes the interview another phone interview with the hiring manager is set up. If the second phone interview proves to be successful multiple face-to-face interviews will be set up and occur on the same day. For example, there may be a panel interview with 2 or more people, a second with a different person and a third with another. Each interview may last 1 hour or more totaling 3+ hours. Each interview consists of different interviewing styles. In this case, the first interview may consist of questions that require detailed responses concerning work style, likes and dislikes. The second might be open ended requiring the interviewee to answer the open ended directive "Tell me about yourself." (Of course the desired information is to be about work experience.) Finally the last interview may be a mix of both with direct and open ended questions. If the interviews are successfully passed a background check is to be conducted to determine if A personality test will be taken. If the results of the test meet the position requirements an offer may be made depending on the number of positions open and the number of successful candidates. The interviews may occur quickly or take two to three weeks. Also, it may take a couple weeks before one hears that at offer is being made.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the department location applied for among surrounding departments, there may be a noise issue. If the job requires concentration, an inquiry will be made concerning the work environment desired.   Answer Question

Full Time - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at 1st Global (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process is VERY lengthy and very structured. But, I don't think it really gives them a chance to really understand who you are as the questions are pre-planned and not very creative.

Interview Questions

• No questions were unexpected. Again, they followed a structured plan and had a goal at the end of the interview they wanted to accomplish more so than the actual answer you give.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate start date and moving expenses. But, when it comes down to the offer, don't take the first offer. They will low-ball and you will be stuck at that pay with no annual compensation evaluation.

Learning & Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1st Global (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter via email and then via phone. The phone interview is long and the questions are quite intensive and indepth. The face to face interview is about 2 hours long. You will get a tour of the building and then meet with the manager from that department and any other individuals from that team that have been assigned to interview you. You will be asked a handout full of questions that analyze your experience/skills and how those apply to the position you are applying for. Your resume will be reviewed thouroughly and you will be asked to validate several items on your resume with in depth questions of how your previous experience. Be ready to talk a lot about your background and experience. The offices are quiet and everyone sits in cubes except for supervisors and management. The work culture is diverse and open minded to alternate lifestyles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my salary. If you are unemployed and applying beware as they will know this and not offer you a competitive salary. If you know that position should pay a certain salary range, do not accept it unless you really have to as what you accept will be your salary indefinitely.