22nd Century Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.2

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (McLean, VA).

Interview

After reviewing my resume a staffing firm reached out to me and requested that I apply for a position with this firm. I should have known something was fishy when they kept calling me to make sure I would attend the interview. I interviewed with a consultant for the position. The consultant was arrogant and his questions were pointless. I eventually interviewed with the manager and it went ok. Not very professional though, as she was taking notes across my paper resume that was just handed to her from the consultant. I believe I only interviewed with her because as the consultant was exiting our interview she happened to walk by in the hallway. I think the interview was a complete waste of time as it appeared they do not know what they really want out of the position. It appears this company has grown in government contracting due to its small disadvantaged business status but now that they have grown past that stage and can no longer use it as leverage, they are having a difficult time winning profitable contracts. Low balling can work competing with smaller firms but large companies have a larger capacity for picking up this type of work and low balling is not as effective. They must now compete based on depth of their managerial skills which appears to be lacking. After doing some research I realized this firm has a horrible reputation as an employer. No wonder the recruiting firm kept calling.

Interview Questions

• What is your 10,000 ft. view of IT? Dumb question.   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (Syracuse, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter called me with the position submitted resume to employer & was offered position with employer after a few days. Was submitted with the onborard process & completed.

Interview Questions

• How many years I had doing Data Entry & previous employment.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was easy, all by the grace of God. I was nervous at first but became comfortable with the process as time went on and I was able to answer all the question asked without panicking.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (McLean, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

My impression is they have a strategy that seems quite deceptive. I applied for a Proposal Writer position for an IT company named Mission Services, Inc. A few days later, I received a call from a person representing 22nd Century Technologies who requested a phone interview for what sounded like the same position. Since the company name didn't sound familiar, I asked her to email me the information. I looked at both company's websites and the job description was identical. I set up an interview for 3pm the next day. The following morning, I received a voicemail from a person representing Mission Services, Inc., requesting a phone interview for the Proposal Writer position. I called her back and asked if the two companies are connected. She clarified that they were, however, I found it odd that she wasn't aware that someone else already scheduled my phone interview. At 3pm, I received a call from the 22nd Century Technologies representative, asking if I could reschedule because the interviewer is stuck in a meeting. Fortunately, I visited Glass Door to review feedback from staff at 22nd Century Technologies. The overwhelming number of detailed negative reviews were incredibly telling. It seems as if 22nd Century Technologies is hiding behind another company's name to list open positions and disguise their poor reputation . I canceled the interview. Thank you, Glass Door, for saving me time and further frustration!

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was having a person from 22nd Century Technologies (a company completely unfamiliar to me) ask that I schedule an interview for a job I had applied for with a company named Mission Services, Inc. Both companies represented themselves as IT firms, and don't appear to be head hunters.   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

it was smooth and easy ..everything was over the internet. the people there were very nice and helpful . I sent the documents they asked for and they sent me back everything in a reasonable time and I really enjoyed the way , they handled their business

Interview Questions

• they asked me how much experience I had and how was my personal skills   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First I was contacted by email with the position description followed up by a phone call to ascertain my interest. When I showed interest an appointment was set up for the following week for an interview. I was interviewed by two individuals. A few hours later I was given a verbal job offer and a formal offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go over my resume and expound on my experience and skills   2 Answers

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The people are very nice and helpful. Excellent had no problem with the interview staff. They call u very quick and very kind. 10 min u are done they i waited and in aweek i was call

Configuration Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (Huntsville, AL) in September 2016.

Interview

Preliminary per-screen with company, conference call with 5 Raytheon Managers. Set up after a pre-screen with 22nd Century Technologies. My daughter was getting married in a couple of weeks so I asked for a delay in the start date, granted.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in Management, as I have a lot of Management Experience   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview and hiring happened, for me, very quickly- I was talked to and offered a position.
    Sounded as if I was more of a last resort, once "their guy" backed out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 22nd Century Technologies.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go over my resume and expound on my experience and skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short. In fact it seemed to overly concern them that I was asking questions about benefits and compensation matching.