24 Hour Fitness Front Desk Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

24 Hour Fitness Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

2.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I applied online ans was called in a couple of days later for an interview. I was interviewed by the service manager and the soon to be service manager who was in training. Interview went pretty smooth and was relaxed. I got called the same day and got offered the job. When I went back in I did all my paperwork and had a meeting with the club manager where I had to learn word for word basically what they were about. I worked there for almost 3 years and had a great experience. I got hired at $10 per hour and by the time I left I believe I was at $10.25 per hour. Everyone who got hired after me got paid $9.
Great perks as you get a free membership to any location, free classes, discounted phone bill for most companies(I had Verizon at the time and got 15% off my bill). Also if your married your spouse gets a free membership, I also accumulated paid sick and vacation hours and you get discounts on any supplements you purchase. Also look into all your benefits because they did offer dental and health discounts if you didn't have insurance.
As far as advancing there is room and it seems like they hire within the company. At one point I was actually going to quit because it interfered with my school schedule too much and they actually let me choose the days I was available and worked around my schedule! I ended up eventually leaving anyway because I wanted to focus solely on school and I also had a few health issues.
Great company to work for!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?
    Why should we hire you?
    My experience working previous job(Planet Fitness)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then in person interview and then one last interview with hiring manager. Last interview with hiring manager made me wait over 30 minutes before seeing me. Then I was told that the pay was minimum wage and you dont make comission off of sales, but you get entered into a pizza party to win a membership for a family member.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you think of people at the front desk when you walk in? How well are you at engaging people in conversation? How do you feel about reaching goals in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pleasant at first, but after the second interview I got the run around. For two and a half months I could not get a follow up on this. I would call weekly to speak to the front desk manager and she was always not available, when I would get her she would say she was busy and get back to me later. I was even called for a third interview(seriously? For a part time 10 dollar an hour job??) which they claimed was my second interview, they literally just asked "why should we hire you?". I eventually got an email from "automated manager" saying they went with someone else. Thanks for the professionalism 24, you didn't know how many times I interviewed, told they would look where to put me on the schedule, promised I would get called back, and strung me along for 2 months, then automated an email to me? I'm glad I don't work there! I can only imagine how bad things are run there if I worked there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Interview

I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was referred here by a friend who works here. I called mentioning that my friend referred me and that I was following up on my online application. The manager set up an interview with me immediately- for 2 days later. My first interview was with the club manager (the one you usually see 2nd). It was great, she was so sweet and offered me the job and said I didn't need to have the 2nd interview, only had to meet the other boss and do paperwork. I came back the next day, met with the 2nd manager who set up my interview. It went pretty well I thought. she said she'd call in a few days. I called a few days later and she said they chose somebody else. :/ So I was pretty disappointed and confused since I was given the offer..

Interview Questions

• 1.) give 3 negatives about yourself. I only had 2 prepared, she pushed for a 3rd-had to think fast.
      2.) how did you handle an angry / upset customer and to explain the problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very casual. They care more about how you would handle certain situations rather than your past job experience. If no job experience, describe a situation during something similar to a job, such as school. I had 2 interviews, one with the front desk manager and one with the club manager. They want to know you are friendly and are able to work well with the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in your past job and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2014.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early to my interview and was asked to sit down and wait. Then the manager took me to her office and sat me down, she basically read questions off of her sheet and filled in whatever I answered word by word. Pretty easy interview it took about 10 minutes. After she explained the pay rate, what 24hr fitness is all about, and asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation with a customer you have had and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Laguna Niguel, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

After an initial inquiry about any openings and submission of job application, received a call to schedule an appointnent. The interview was between the general manager and a front desk associate who lead most of the questioning. It was very relaxed, we were in nice athletic clothes. The idea was are you responsible, willing to work and why do you want to work here. My answer to why was because fitness has become a part of my lifestyle and that's what I believed I could promote for others by working there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The manager interviewed me and asked canned questions like you would get from the internet. She did not seem very enthusiastic about the hiring process. There were a lot of questions about “What would you do if… “. Mostly they wanted to know how I would handle problematic members and things like that.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

There wasn’t much to do. Just a personality interview. Some basic questions about what would you do if… More or less, they will just hire anybody because I worked with quite a few people during my time there. I came to learn later that the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry members who didn’t want to show their card.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a member didn't want to show you their membership card?   Answer Question