24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.6

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2017.

Interview

Went in and spoke to the General manager and was interviewed. It went smooth and felt comfortable, they went over scenarios and I rolled play. I answered all their questions and feel positive that I will be getting a call back.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. They called and set a time for a face to face interview. The interview was about 3 days after i submitted the resume. Met with the training manager for about 30 minutes. Very nice guy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 24 Hour Fitness.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was very simple with a friendly environment. There were two interviewers in the group panel so it wasn't too bad. I prefer if it was a 1 on 1 interview because i believe it is more personal. But they ask you basic questions such as a difficult situation and past problems at your old workplace and how you solved the problem. Overall, it was not too bad just because the questions were basic so it was like a relaxed conversation.

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Murrieta, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was simple and pleasant. I was greeting at the counter by the person who had called me to set up the actual interview. I spoke with her while I waited for the club manager and discussed the team dynamics at the facility while the club manager was finishing a phone call. The staff was courteous and friendly as well. I got to see the staff in action working the TRX group training and enjoying themselves. At the end of the interview I found myself overqualified for the position as it was not paying over $15 an hour and was suggested for a General Manager position instead.

Interview Questions

• I was asked things like describe yourself, how have you handled an upset employee in the past, or what type of managerial experience do you have?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was nearly an hour long interview with a fitness manager named Dakota. Seemed okay but a little phony. When I called to confirm an appointment, she said she was interviewing 12 people but was only picking 1. Why? It's just 24 Hour Fitness! It's not like it's some coveted 6-figure paying job. Anyway, I didn't get the job despite my friendly demeanor, NASM certification and the fact that I'm one of the gym's regulars. And one thing I've seemed to notice... she only seems to hire women. And her clients are only women.

Group X Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Laguna Niguel, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online several times to multiple clubs, but you'll never get a call back. I finally received an email to audition because I reached out to a friend who works there. Once I showed up to the audition, they were soo rude. They did not ask any interview type questions except where else I taught. After completing the audition (which let me add, the 2 ladies talked the entire time and di not even pay attention to me) one of the ladies said they don't hire anyone who works for another gym. The other 2 girls in the interview did horrible auditions, and had no experience teaching spin.

Service Representative Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process at the 24 Hour I applied at was incredibly unprofessional. The manager I had scheduled my interview with was no longer working at that location when I went in to interview. I was then given the chance to interview with the General Manager, he was accommodating, but made promises he did not keep. After three separate interview style conversations, with three different people, I have chosen to leave 24 Hour Fitness out of my job search.

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the kids club supervisor and one of the attendants. The interview was easy but i was very nervous. They barely even asked me any professional questions, they asked about my experience and stuff that had to do with what i need to get if i was hired(CPR liscense, etc). Everything else was just like a normal conversation with some friends. I didnt get the job because someone else already had a cpr license.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen, phone interview, in-person interview with several different people along with a surprise test. Overall the people were very nice and the questions weren't too difficult but no one bothered to respond to follow-up emails or to inform me that they decided to move forward with other candidates after the interviews.

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a interview with DM and DHR that went really well both great and had some great operational and management questions. The problem was the second interview with the regional vice president and regional HR. The regional HR was just asking some questions that caught me off guard and made me not interested in working for this company anymore. He also cut me off on one and told me if I had LA Fitness why not work for them? RUDE! Also asked me what phone I had and to sell it to him for $400 firm price when I compared to the I phone he said why did I do that, I felt so awkward. He also said if I saw him on the street how would I sell him 24hr fitness (made me think of the tents they use to sell or door to door sells)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to take critisism?   Answer Question
    • If I was to walk in your store what would your staff say about you?   Answer Question