24 Hour Fitness Fitness Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Very professional interview. Recruiter met me at the club closest to my location, it was a nice sit down interview. Questions were straight forward. Determined a position other than what I applied for would be the best current fit for my experience and talents.

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Received a unknown phone call at 8:30 PM to interview. This was occurred a week after submitting my resume. I was never contacted requesting a scheduled interview, I was simply cold called as I was headed to bed. Interested in the position and a bit flustered I accepted the "pop quiz" interview. Within minutes the caller pulled a bait and switch on the position. Just as I was confirming the day, time and position for an in-person interview I was then told it was for a "bottom rung" personal trainer position. As I questioned what had happened they became very curt and rude and hung up on me. Talk about unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How many personal training clients have you managed at any given time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murphy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Murphy, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

24 Hour Fitness posted manager positions in two local clubs, Allen and Murphy, Texas. Being that I live in the area and exceeded all the qualifications, I applied. I was called in (2-3 wks later) for an interview with the regional managers (Colt and Kevin). We had a good interview and they said they would definitely be in contact. The following week, I was invited for a second interview by a local Fitness Manager (Brad). Brad also enjoyed my interview so I was referred for a 3rd interview with Brad's boss, Zach. After 3 interviews and 3 weeks, Brad and Zach informed me there were really never management positions open. This was a way for them to pull talent in for lower positions, with the potential of moving up. The management jobs that I interviewed 3 times for did not ever exist, literally. I professionally rejected their offer for the lower paying position. A few months later, I get a call from a recruiting manager from 24 Hour Fitness again, stating they definitely have manager positions available and would love it if I came in again. So I came in for my 4th interview with the company. It has been 10 days and I still have not heard back. This entire process has been disappointing and an extremely unprofessional way to handle your candidates. 24 Hour Fitness HR should be ashamed! I am dropping my own membership there and will be glad to share my experiences with everyone in the fitness industry here in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for a position much lower then you applied for, with less pay, then maybe work up to the one you actually applied for?   1 Answer

They offered me a much lower position because the one they posted was never really open.

Fitness Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 24 Hour Fitness and Had 2 interviews that were fairly straight forward, first was with the area manager and then the second was with the general manager and service manager of the gym.

Fitness Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied internally, Face to face interview with the club manager, face to face interview with district manager, and phone interview with RVP. The interviews were either behavioral or planning for the best success of the club.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Interview process is actually quite extensive and have to go through a couple of them before getting an offer. The bad thing is that most of the promises they give you in an interview and job offer are not put in writing so they basically mean nothing and 24 hour fitness knows that so they go back on their word.

After I accepted the job I was supposed to begin work on the 15th. On the 15th they collected my personal information to conduct a background check and all of that stuff and it took 2 more weeks! Those two weeks I did not have a job so basically went broke. In my opinion I think they could have had that taken care of prior to my start date. The job offer came 2 weeks prior to the 15th. Plenty of time to get their ducks in a row.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. You will make just above minimum wage with a commission structure as a trainer and since you will be in a management role (aka do the work of your manager who is just riding the tide) you will get an extra $1 per hour and instead of 17% you will get 20% of sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Denver, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

It was an internal interview with the DM. First it was a group panel with four other candidates. Then it was one-on-one. I was offered the position with a dramatic pay reduction. I declined the offer because there was no way I was going to blow up my business to make a third of what I was currently making at the time. Management got pissed that I declined and did not take one for the team.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to sacrifice for the team and company?   1 Answer

The compensation that was offered was pathetic compared to what I was currently making.

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (La Jolla, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Nice crew but company turns and burns employees; room to move up only if you are willing to work hours off the clock. The company may definitely change once NIKE hopefully purchases them and branding/revenue will go up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, salary is set with sales comm

Fitness Manager Interview

Interview

We will usually interview 3-6 personal training candidates for each opening. Starts with an interview with the Fitness Manager, then if selected, a 2nd interview with Club Manager. You may have an "audition" for either manager to show how you train.

Interview Questions

• Do you ask permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer