24 Hour Fitness MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

24 Hour Fitness MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview Questions

2.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Miami, FL).

Interview

Took one day, they'll take everyone because people are constantly quitting. The interview was short and I was instantly hired because of my personality and sales experience. They did a background check but I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Nanuet, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I was in contact with the sales department manager attempting to set up an interview. There were a few miscommunications with days of availability on his part, but after straightening that out, I was brought in for an interview. I was asked about my experience and what I believed made me a fitting candidate, and after that successful interview, I was brought in again to interview with the gym manager. He asked me similar questions, and made me do a mock selling of a phone to him so he could grasp my sales tactics.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Applied online, went in a week after to pch torrance location for an interview. the interviewer was a gym douchnozzle. i had too much energy for him and he kept asking me to slow down, and even after i did, he asked again and was a complete donkey. he had only been at 24 for 2 yrs, which explained a lot. apply anywhere else!!!

Interview Questions

• he basically told me i didnt want to go on, but we did, and i almost wanted to say, "well thank you for wasting both of our times" and leaving but and didn't because i felt optimistic but afterwards i wish i had! i dont care to work for this company anymore.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought into the main office and sat down with the club manager as well as the membership manager. I was encouraged to dress for success, and I obliged. I was asked a series of questions involving my experience in sales. I was straight forward and let them know that I was looking for experience in "closing the deal". They let me know that the position would require quality performance that would be measured.

Overall, I felt as if the club manager was interested in hiring me from the get go! It's going to be a great opportunity to work for a company that provides training and development for it's staff.

Interview Questions

• "Sell your cell phone to me."

"What words within the 24 hour fitness motto resonate with you?"

"Tell us about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Moreno Valley, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Waited a week after I applied online and received a call. Manager asked a few questioned over the phone and then made an appointment a few day after. Actual interview roughly took 10-15minutes for the process. Dressed semi formal & manager was really nice. Was offered a position on the spot. Paperwork took the longest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What sales experience do you have?
      Do you have any athletic background?
      Why us?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What are your strengths?
      How did you overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2015.

Interview

Started with questions, "tell me about yourself?", etc. Discussed customer service skills, "what do you think a guest thinks when they walk into 24 Hour Fitness?" and did a demo of customer service skills. Role play a tour around 24 Hour Fitness and and tried to sell a membership to club manager and assistant membership manager. Asked for availability and briefly discussed hours. Haven't received a call for position.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Interviewed with Membership Manager, simple questions about fitness and lifestyle and sales experience. Talked about what the position was all about and if I fit the lifestyle of someone that they would like to have promoting their "health club"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

job offer, either you can accept or decline. no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple, 3 interview stages. Initial screening, in person, Interview with Gm. After I received a phone call, accepted the offer and that was it. They give you the breakdown of how much you will be paid (commission/base)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Interview

Good. It wasn't hard at all, you just got to have sales experience. If you be yourself and are all about it, then you should have no problem. It doesn't take a rocket science to get hired here. There are no drug test as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I then called the location to tell them I had submitted an application and they told me to come in for an interview the next day.

As soon as I walked in, I was stared at. I felt as though I was eye candy and immediately felt uncomfortable.

The first interview was a joke. I had to ask most of the questions. Then he told me that I needed to come back for a second interview the next day. I wasn't free the next day so he found the manager so he could interview me then. The manager was distracted throughout the entire interview and just asked generic questions. No questions about sales methods or asking me to sell him anything to see how aggressive I was. He told me that I would hear back from them in 24 hours. Within 48 hours I received a much better position from another company and I never heard back from 24 Hour Fitness.