24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer II Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Trainer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Applied online, a week later I was called and asked in for a formal interview. Formal interview was almost two hours long with very "vague for a reason" questions. They wanted a very specific response and kept digging to try and find it. I then went in the next day for a practical interview where they wanted a very specific demonstration of meeting a client leading to the selling of yourself as a trainer. However, if you did not do this perfectly they were very quick to criticize regardless of your experience or lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized, for what, and how you responded.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Nanuet, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Was called by the assistant fitness manager for an interview. General questions about background, fitness knowledge, and standard interview type questions. Got another call back from the fitness manager for an interview. Very much the same thing with different questions. After that I got called back again by the assistant fitness manager to meet for a practical portion to go over a couple of exercises and how I would go about teaching them. After that I was offered the job!

Anonymous Employee in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Hasbrouck Heights, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with the PT Manager and two other PT Assistant Managers. Asked me some generic questions like, what is my strength & weakness, what do you like about training others, what do you see yourself for next few years.

Interview Questions

• What is a first thing you would do if you need to build a business from nothing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have a room to negotiate because most of the salary is based on commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Northridge, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 different managers at the time of hire. Additionally I was the one that had to communicate interest, this means that I had to call each and every time to set an interview time/date. Also I was asked to come back to the gym multiple times do to scheduling errors on the part 24 Hour Fitness so that I actually had to go the gym on five separate occasions over a five week period. I was put off by the general manager as he came across as pompous and proud of the hoops that I had to go through to be hired as a trainer. However the best interview was conducted by the Fitness Manager who asked thorough questions and determined if I would be a good addition to the gym structure.

Interview Questions

• You see an employee go to the drinks and take a drink what do you do? The gym is set up that a person can pay prior to selecting the drink and when I asked for clarification I was told to always assume that the person did not pay.   1 Answer