24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.5

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Emailed the head trainer asking for any job opportunities, got back to me the following day. Interview was relaxed and easy, took around an hour. Received an offer that day which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Northridge, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad, asked about a premade questions which relates a certain situations about a client. The one who interviewed me was pretty chill. He asked me certain questions about the motive of 24 hour fitness, and what my previous experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Repetitive questions. Lasted over an hour. Was ask to "sell" a detailed workout plan to a client and role play with the General Manager and Fitness Manger. The questions are literally asked over and over again you will run out of answers towards the middle of the interview. Mention SMART goals, Overhead Squat Assessments, and also say you've already trained multiple people and helped them real their goals (if this is true, do not lie !)

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Richmond, CA).

Interview

I had a one on one meeting with the fitness manager. I was nervous because it was my first interview in a new field after being out of the work force for over 10 years. I had read some things online about how to do an interview so I tried to ask relevant questions and show a lot of enthusiasm. I talked him into hiring me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. They called and set a time for a face to face interview. The interview was about 3 days after i submitted the resume. Met with the training manager for about 30 minutes. Very nice guy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 24 Hour Fitness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Euless, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview felt more like a friendly conversation rather than being questioned. I was very comfortable with the interviewer and the setting and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to change someone's life through fitness?
      How would you build a connection with a new client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Nanuet, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out at online application. About a week later, received an email offering me dates to set up an in person interview. Met with the Fitness Manager for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on the company Mission Statement. Why do I like to be a trainer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A time was set up over the phone for me to come in the gym for an interview. I was asked several questions including role-play type questions, my experience, why do I like being a personal trainer, what experience am I looking for, etc.The process lasted for over an hour at the end of the interview I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Excellent. Very professional Fitness Manager and very smooth but thorough process. Had a one on one meeting to start. Then rescheduled to meet with multiple managers after. Was asked a multitude of questions about my history experience and career goals. The interview was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What's one of the most difficult situations I have had with a client   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Nanuet, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked about certifications and any experience as well as areas to improve upon. Second interview was just an overview on how to sign clients up and make the sale. Then the offer is made and they explain the compensation (commission based). They are very nice and easy to talk to. They emphasize helping you grown and learn more which is a huge plus.