24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Richmond, CA).

Interview

I had a one on one meeting with the fitness manager. I was nervous because it was my first interview in a new field after being out of the work force for over 10 years. I had read some things online about how to do an interview so I tried to ask relevant questions and show a lot of enthusiasm. I talked him into hiring me on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. They called and set a time for a face to face interview. The interview was about 3 days after i submitted the resume. Met with the training manager for about 30 minutes. Very nice guy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 24 Hour Fitness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Euless, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview felt more like a friendly conversation rather than being questioned. I was very comfortable with the interviewer and the setting and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to change someone's life through fitness?
      How would you build a connection with a new client?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Nanuet, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out at online application. About a week later, received an email offering me dates to set up an in person interview. Met with the Fitness Manager for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on the company Mission Statement. Why do I like to be a trainer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A time was set up over the phone for me to come in the gym for an interview. I was asked several questions including role-play type questions, my experience, why do I like being a personal trainer, what experience am I looking for, etc.The process lasted for over an hour at the end of the interview I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Excellent. Very professional Fitness Manager and very smooth but thorough process. Had a one on one meeting to start. Then rescheduled to meet with multiple managers after. Was asked a multitude of questions about my history experience and career goals. The interview was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What's one of the most difficult situations I have had with a client   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Nanuet, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked about certifications and any experience as well as areas to improve upon. Second interview was just an overview on how to sign clients up and make the sale. Then the offer is made and they explain the compensation (commission based). They are very nice and easy to talk to. They emphasize helping you grown and learn more which is a huge plus.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Club manager contacted me via phone call to schedule an interview at the club, which was no more that a day or two later. I arrived 10 minutes before my scheduled interview time. I was seen about 10-15 after my interview time. Total interview time took about 40 minutes. Interview questions were pre-made and came in a printed out packet which hiring manager went through step by step.

Interview Questions

• If I were a potential client, how would you present or pitch a personal training program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was nearly an hour long interview with a fitness manager named Dakota. Seemed okay but a little phony. When I called to confirm an appointment, she said she was interviewing 12 people but was only picking 1. Why? It's just 24 Hour Fitness! It's not like it's some coveted 6-figure paying job. Anyway, I didn't get the job despite my friendly demeanor, NASM certification and the fact that I'm one of the gym's regulars. And one thing I've seemed to notice... she only seems to hire women. And her clients are only women.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back within a week scheduling a phone interview. The guy was cool and he is easy to talk to. It's been two weeks since then and I still haven't heard backs

Interview Questions

• How I would sell a membership
      Sales experience