24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called 3 days later did the phone screening and was invited to interview with FM and OM interview took about an hour between both of them. Hired later that day. background check took 6 weeks.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I met with the Club Manager for the first interview and the Membership Manager and Assistant Membership Manager for the second interview. It consisted of many typical questions and some role playing questions. Some of the questions were very much on the spot questions, but average in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped someone achieve a goal?   Answer Question
    • Pretend like I am a potential member and do a brief presentation to me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (La Jolla, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They will ask you to introduce yourself, what are your experiences, and your past jobs. When you apply you need to make sure what you keep on your resume it has to be real. And know your information. They will ask your a lot of questions and you need to make sure that you can answer them all. And if you can't answer them just give the best answer you can give.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I have

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the kids club supervisor and one of the attendants. The interview was easy but i was very nervous. They barely even asked me any professional questions, they asked about my experience and stuff that had to do with what i need to get if i was hired(CPR liscense, etc). Everything else was just like a normal conversation with some friends. I didnt get the job because someone else already had a cpr license.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview is really a great experience, they have you basically run through a mock training session and show them that you know what you're doing. Don't just apply online or over the phone, get your booty into the gym and ask for the "Service Manager' or "Trainer Manager" the gym's general manager is probably going to be interested in meeting you to, but the Service manager is the person who's going to decide if the gym has a place for you. Training is a people business. You need to make a good impression, look sharp (no need to overdress, you're apping to work in shorts and a tshirt, so even jeans is an upgrade) just be clean and smell nice. Be energetic and smile. Sell yourself! It's going to be what you'll be doing for most of your career there (you can be the best trainer ever but if you cant sell your own training you're not getting any clients). Be ready to tell them why you're a good fit for the gym and what you like about training. Also, no matter what you do, be on time. Never be late as a trainer and that goes double for your interview. Finally, be persistent. Selling training is a lot about following up, so being the applicant who makes a real effort to get the ball rolling and meet the managers shows the right kind of stuff that they're looking for in a new and hungry trainer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was Very upbeat. The face to face interview went very fast. There are multiple phases to the interview process. The third phase is upcoming. I feel that the process is a little misleading and drawn out for what is being offered. .

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strongest qualifications?   1 Answer

Health Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews and one in person interview with a panel of people. Questions were geared towards someone with management experience to get details on how they managed in former employment. The whole process was very positive and encouraging.

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I meet with a DM and another employee, likely the Service Manager and they might have spent 10 min with me total and I was honestly very unimpressed. I had done a long drive to come meet and at least expected a full interview

Interview Questions

• Really basic questions and it was so short the DM Just looked at my resume and asked me about my expetience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy and Professional. Spoke with the Fitness manager about my experience and had me take her through a workout including a warm up. Afterward we sat down and she hired me.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. On site interview with current Operations Manager
    3 On site interview with District Manager
    4. On site interview with another District Manager
    5. On site interview with Vice President

Negotiation

There really wasn't one, just here is what we start you off at.