2U Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.6

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD).

Interview

First they had me submit an online interview which was shopped around to all of the hiring departments. Two people were interested and wanted to interview me. Then I had two interviews for two separate schools back to back

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 2U

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Online. They sent me a video questionnaire. They asked about 8 different questions. There questions were recorded by employees. I also had to type of a question.

Interview Questions

• what stands out to you?   1 Answer
    • What do you bring to the table.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took several weeks and I never heard back about getting the position or not, it was somewhat frustrating for me because I interviewed with two teams that seemed very interested in me. I sent a followup email thanking them for their time and no one ever responded. One of the individuals that interviewed me had given me her e-mail. It would have been nice to have received a response or to know that I did not get the position. The process took 5+ weeks. The first interview was a digital interview, there were some written responses.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 2U in November 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete the digital interview after I applied for the position online about a week ago. I visited the website and recorded my answers online by using the camera and microphone on my laptop. Some questions were easy, and some were a little bit more challenging than I expected it be. However, it was a good experience overall, and I kind of enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• If you are employed as admissions counselor, then how would your degree help you with working at the company?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 2U in January 2017.

Interview

So before I go into details about what the interview process was like, I have a detail to share about the job itself that would have made me not apply. The admissions counselor job, despite its title, is not a traditional admissions counselor position. This is a phone based sales job, where you are required to make over 200 phone calls a day to prospective students, and hit an enrollment sales goal. Failure to hit these goals is grounds for termination. If I had known this, I wouldn't have even applied, because I think it is unethical to push students into a $100,000 Masters programs when it may not be a good fit. That being said, The interview process is relatively straightforward, you get two phone interviews, one with a general HR person, and then one with the manager of the specific degree program you'd work with. After you clear that you go to an in person interview. So before you apply, be sure that you know what the job is about. Because if I had known what I do now, I wouldn't have even bothered applying.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with selling $100,000 masters programs when students can find $20,000 programs elsewhere?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Largo, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and easy. 2 phone interviews- one with recruitment and one with the manager of the department, then an in person interview after. All interviews were less than 30 min and the higher up in the interview the more you get a feel for the people and what they want from someone in that position. They were very easy going in the interview but you want to make sure to have done some research on the company and DONT talk too much during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working in a high energy and demanding environment? How do you want to be managed? How much are you looking to start at? Sell the interviewer on the or one of the colleges you've been to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very communicative. The interviews were straightforward and nothing came out of left field, overall it was a pretty painless process. I interviewed with two team members separately.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest challenge in your current position?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 2U in September 2016.

Interview

1) Phone interview with HR. 2) Phone interview with manager. 3) Video interview with manager and team. Notes: Follow up email/call from HR after every step. Offer came from HR.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you speaking with many different individuals on the phone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied with an employee referral. I was contacted within 2 weeks to set up a phone interview for 2 weeks later. The interview lasted about 25 minutes, the interviewer was extremely dull and mumbled a lot which was extremely frustrating, but overall the interview was basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online and was referred by a current employee. After about a month or so, I was called for an initial phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked if I knew what the job entailed and I said that I knew it was mostly contacting prospective students about 2U's online programs. The interviewer told me it was a phone sales job and asked how I would feel calling up to about a hundred people a day.