3M Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3M Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M in July 2016.

Interview

First interview consisted of a 2 hr interview with the financial managers. The second one consisted of an hr long interview with the finance director and another financial manager. Overall it was a very relaxed interview process and the response time was quick. The interviewers weren't intimidating and were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavorial questions that pertain to prior work experience. How did you handle stress   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was a one on one session of approximately 45 minutes with the fiance director for the position. Interview was a standard behavior interview with typical questions on work history, style, and past performance.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M in April 2014.

Interview

3 parts to the interview: 1. Came in and asked me a question about why a 4 bedroom apartment cost less than a 3 bedroom apartment with the same SF in both. 2. Gave me a series of math questions, all of which could be done in your head, just how quickly you could rifle them off, was the goal. 3. Business Model was given you needed to ask as many questions as you could about it to form a business solution toward the problem.

Interview Questions

• Business Model was given you needed to ask as many questions as you could about it to form a business solution toward the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Very intimidating. You show up to the interview with 3 or 4 people applying for the same position the process last an entire day. You tour the facility, get an overview, have lunch and meet with several different people.

Interview Questions

• Basis Accounting/Finance questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I sort of got a take it or leave it offer. No chance to negotiate. However, the offer met and exceeded my expectation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M in October 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round quick 30 minutes. Second round was three hour-long interviews with different managers. Mix of technical & behavioral questions. Also got to tour the campus and learn more about 3M as a company.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions, tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 3M (Madison, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Questions were mostly behavior with 1-2 questions on accounting. Interview was with two individual, each for a half hour. Interviewers were easy going and easy to talk to. They allowed a lot of time for questions at the end.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and professional. It was frustrating applying online because you have no idea who is getting your email or if they even look at your resume.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say is your weakest attribute.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

This was mostly a behavioral interview with the typical questions centered on my background and such. One financial question was just asked to describe the cash flow statement. I talked about the components of the CF statement and related it to net income from the income statement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

Very nice interviewer, but she did not contact me back to let me know there was no offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest strength?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Tel Aviv (Israel)) in July 2011.

Interview

3 interviews: with HR, direct manager and CFO. terms were later discussed over the phone with HR.

Interview Questions

• describe obstacles you had to overcome in your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered what I asked for, so no negotiations were neccessary