3M Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Approximately 60 days from application to first contact. All communication prior to site visit was via e-mail. Interviewed with 5 people over 4 1/2 hours. Was told when leaving to expect contact within 2 weeks, but they could work faster if I had a need. After 3 weeks I followed up with HR directly. HR stated that a decisionw as iminent "any day". No contact for another 10 days. Contacted HR when I had a second job offer and was told that I would hear back within 48 hours. It's now April and I haven't heard anything.

The site is a satellite facility and a wholly owned 3M LLC. It's apparent that the people on site have done more with less for a very long time. Everyone seemed willing to "do what it took" to get the job done. The commitment to process excellence was apparent, as was the understanding of the c ustomers served. I left believing this would be a place I really wanted to work - it's a shame the process took so long and expectations could not be clearly communicated.

I heard from another candidate that funding for the position was cut and it was going unfilled for at least three months. Would have been nice to hear that from HR directly.

Interview Questions