3M Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3M Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2016

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview was great - I had a very easy going recruiter, the questions were simple, recruiter was a genuine person, I really enjoyed my interview and time was very well spent

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I had a phone interview screening, and then a couple months later an interview with a manager who would later become my boss at the internship. Although not the most expedient process, it was a summer internship that I was able to nail down by January or February so I am happy with the final outcome.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a college job fair and had a very easy and short behavioral interview the next day. I was told to apply online, which I did, and I didn't hear anything for almost 5 months. I had a short phone interview that mostly just went over my resume and my skills. I was offered an internship 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your programming experience and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Decatur, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 employees asking a range of "Tell me about a time when". Then my point of contact took me on a tour of the facility. The atmosphere was fairly comfortable. This was my first panel interview, and I was a bit nervous. However, the questions themselves were your garden variety "come up with a story about yourself" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Very selective process for the Business Development Consultant position. There was a 40 minute case interview. Maybe just 5 minutes dedicated for a walk me through your resume question. The interviewer was very cold and not personable.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, lasted about 30 min, then in person visit. Interview was very pleasant and had a lot of great insight into 3M's business and roles I'd play as a intern. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at a career booth. Got an interview next day with one employee. Got requisition numbers for a few positions, had to apply online for them. Then I had a phone interview with two employees. Supervisor then called me and told me I had the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Two back to back half hour interviews, on campus recruiting with an info session the night before. It was mostly behavioral questions and a few technical ones about the financial statements. Asked a lot about decisions I have made in the past and the process I used to make them. Also asked about current financial events.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M in September 2014.

Interview

quite easy going, technical questions were asked too. Felt at ease, although it's apparent the interns would not get a specific experience. Other wise it was fairly relaxed. Oddly, not much was asked about my background; only a few technical questions were asked, and the remainder of the time focused on describing the position and the department.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, interviewed the next day, had an offer ~3 weeks later.
    Behavioral type questions. What did you like about your last internship, what didn't you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teamwork skills