3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3M Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Bracknell, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

A tiring horrible day of interviews where I was pitted against 4 other applicants throughout the whole day.

Also sat English and Maths exams and was watched closely at all times. For a job that wasnt even that good.

Interview Questions

• If you were an astronaut stranded on a planet what would you rank a list of given items in terms of importance?   Answer Question

Hot Press Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

HR has a bad attitude, not very familiar with hiring process. Only temps are being hired and let go after 6 months. She was not familiar with the work schedule and relies on other operators feedback, only her favorites.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, flew to st. paul minnesota for a day of group interviews. Incredibly difficult and grueling process. Training/hiring team is very informed on how to interview and vet prospects - very difficult but rewarding when i got the job. Presentation in front of hiring team - very nerve racking experience. Went in December during the harsh MN cold - coolest thing ever.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Grueling, full day of interviewing. Multiple rounds of group interviews with training staff and management. Presentation included - present about something that you are interested in, 10 minutes with a panel.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Invent a new future case competition, taking a very broad question and finding a solution that will benefit the company while learning how to work in a large group of teammates. Once you have a plan then you and your team have to present the case and your recommendation to a panel of judges. Purpose is to create team work, challenge your business skills and see how you manage under stress.

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (DeKalb, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied many times during an eight year span because of the high pay of the position. I did their test more than a few times, and was selected for an interview a few times during this span. I had reference letters and felt as if I had aced nearly all of the interviews. I felt lost and confused because it was impossible to figure out why I was not getting in. Finally, they told me I was hired and placed in a hiring pool for yet another 6 months. It was frustrating and a maddening experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to confront someone about a conflict in your general work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Expect to know what shift you want prior to this process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2010.

Interview

recruited from one of 3M's divisions through the strategic business development group. initial contact and interview was directly with the hiring manager. only later did HR get involved. I submitted an application online and then was contacted in formal hiring process.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2009.

Interview

initial communication - phone
     planning of the interview very organized

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

I have had two phone interviews, one face-to-fce interview with a Sales Director, and one final presentation interview with the VP and Sales Director.

Ingénieur Produit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beauchamp (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Beauchamp (France)).

Interview

Entretien de groupe (11 candidats) le matin puis après 1ere selection le midi puis entretien avec rh puis manager puis collègue pendant l'après-midi et test psycho techniques
    Après 2eme selection entretien avec n+2