3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received mail after 15 days asked whether you are interested in the position after replying yes interview was set after 3 days. Asked about my previous experience and personal questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Escorted me to the interview room, very cordial low stress environment. Comfortable process generous with details about the position and the company. Good explanation of benefits answered any questions that I had about the position. Free tape

Paid Social Media Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The hiring process was long. It took several weeks to hear back about their decision to interview me. The interview was a panel interview. They did not get back to me for several weeks. Finally when I caught the hiring manager on the phone, she told me they moved forward with someone else.

Structural Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M in November 2016.

Interview

I talked to 3M at a campus recruiting event, applied online, and a few weeks later got asked to participate in a phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and had very straight-forward questions that were mostly about my resume-- they wanted to know about my past experiences in internships and what I was involved in on campus. There weren't really any behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one big thing you took away from your previous internships?   Answer Question

Testing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was real easy. First round with QA lead. Asked me to talk about my entire resume. and the second round with the Director of IT department. I was asked few behavioral questions. Asked about my current work. very basic questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview was great - I had a very easy going recruiter, the questions were simple, recruiter was a genuine person, I really enjoyed my interview and time was very well spent

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (DeKalb, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Received a call a week later informing me that I've been selected as an applicant. Took a skills test and mechanical interrelationships test. The two tests took less than an hour, and upon completion, applicants who passed the tests received an interview.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to 3M at my school's career fair and was contacted close to two months later for an interview. I don't believe that is the standard time frame, I got the impression that they were somewhat disorganized this year. The man interviewing me was nice and somewhat casual compared to other interviews I have had; he stated in the email to dress business casual and that it was not necessary to wear a suit.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard behavioral questions; nothing surprising or excessively difficult.

Where do you see yourself in the future (as in, do you plan on going to grad school)?
      Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you pursued/researched a topic that was of interest to you and that was not part of an assignment?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed, I did an on campus interview first. This was very casual, mostly asking about my specific interests and why I wanted to be at 3M. Lots of questions related to culture fit. From there, my resume was forwarded to a specific department that I was interested. A manager called me to schedule an 'interview' where he essentially asked why I liked engineering, my school, etc. After a casual conversation I was offered the job, then got an email later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in 3M? Why did you decide to become an engineer?   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 3M (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very laid back recruiter - mostly a spokesman of the company. Told me a lot about the company and then asked basic questions about myself. "What kind of team player are you?". Asked about my past internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None