3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Testing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was real easy. First round with QA lead. Asked me to talk about my entire resume. and the second round with the Director of IT department. I was asked few behavioral questions. Asked about my current work. very basic questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview was great - I had a very easy going recruiter, the questions were simple, recruiter was a genuine person, I really enjoyed my interview and time was very well spent

Warehouse Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (DeKalb, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Received a call a week later informing me that I've been selected as an applicant. Took a skills test and mechanical interrelationships test. The two tests took less than an hour, and upon completion, applicants who passed the tests received an interview.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to 3M at my school's career fair and was contacted close to two months later for an interview. I don't believe that is the standard time frame, I got the impression that they were somewhat disorganized this year. The man interviewing me was nice and somewhat casual compared to other interviews I have had; he stated in the email to dress business casual and that it was not necessary to wear a suit.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard behavioral questions; nothing surprising or excessively difficult.

Where do you see yourself in the future (as in, do you plan on going to grad school)?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you pursued/researched a topic that was of interest to you and that was not part of an assignment?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed, I did an on campus interview first. This was very casual, mostly asking about my specific interests and why I wanted to be at 3M. Lots of questions related to culture fit. From there, my resume was forwarded to a specific department that I was interested. A manager called me to schedule an 'interview' where he essentially asked why I liked engineering, my school, etc. After a casual conversation I was offered the job, then got an email later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in 3M? Why did you decide to become an engineer?   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 3M (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very laid back recruiter - mostly a spokesman of the company. Told me a lot about the company and then asked basic questions about myself. "What kind of team player are you?". Asked about my past internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked very specific situational questions related to the job. They wanted very specific answers, no general answers. Interviewers gave nothing away and had good poker faces. It was a panel of three people who all took turns asking questions in a round table format. Each interviewer asked questions each. Helpful for person interviewing to remember to speak in a STAR (situation, task, action, result) format.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were asked to do something inappropriate and how did you respond   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for full time position. Applied through campus recruiting website. Standard interview questions. Was interviewed by a manager and a recent graduate. Asked the same questions to all candidates. Second round was not needed for decision.

Interview Questions

• Is there something that's not on your resume that you would like to highlight?
      Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at 3M in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with several members of the engineering team and HR.I felt like it was an interrogation rather than an interview. The last interview I did was with a panel of engineers I would be working with, one of the interviewers had a nasty look on his face the entire interview. I ignored him and that seemed to make him even more mad. I think I might have dodged a bullet lol...

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter at my university's career fair, she signed me up to interview just two days ahead, which was a surprisingly quick turnaround. There were two people in the interview, both very friendly and welcoming, and only really asked me "soft", nontechnical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could invent anything (does not have to be realistic), what would it be and why?   Answer Question