3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Industrial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview used to screen candidates. Talent Acquisition was looking to pare down candidates before face to face interviews in Maplewood. First step involved a questionnaire. Talent Acquisition called for a 30 minute interview. A second call from the hiring manager followed later the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current position and role within the company   Answer Question

Sbd Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus' online recruiting system (CV + cover letter), got a first round interview, attended the night prior (met most of the team - all of them were great), did well in the first round interview, was notified about the second/final round, prepared for that, and did better than I expected.

Software Quality Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Odessa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online directly on company website. Got phone screening interview in 4 days. After that on second day got HR interview with panel of 2 and after that Technical interview with panel of 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Funny thing. There was NO technical question at all other than general queries. Technical questions are a necessity in this interview. I was surprised. I did not ask on their face as I did not want them to feel insulted about that. And what if they hire me without asking technical question and this may become blockade in career. Other than that overall company is good as I know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Decatur, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 employees asking a range of "Tell me about a time when". Then my point of contact took me on a tour of the facility. The atmosphere was fairly comfortable. This was my first panel interview, and I was a bit nervous. However, the questions themselves were your garden variety "come up with a story about yourself" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

O2 Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 3M (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

They flew me out to the plant, paid for hotel, car. Interview was one day and with different plant employees ranging from managers to other analysts. Overall one of the easiest interviews I have done. I received an offer about a week after my interview and 3M paid for everything related to my move.

Interview Questions

• What systems and programs have you used in the past? Why are you interested in a career in manufacturing with 3M?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

very casual, interviewer was mostly concerned with finding out whether I had the requisite skills and abilities to fully carry out the work involved with being a lab technician for 3m. also important was finding out whether or not I was a good fit with their team

T2 Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Corona, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application
    Had 2 phone interviews, 1 with HR at corporate, next with the hiring manager
    1 onsite interview
    Overall the process was really easy and fair, they did ask some hard questions but overall a good experience

Interview Questions

• STAR Type questions
      Questions about projects/leading a team
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Very selective process for the Business Development Consultant position. There was a 40 minute case interview. Maybe just 5 minutes dedicated for a walk me through your resume question. The interviewer was very cold and not personable.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, lasted about 30 min, then in person visit. Interview was very pleasant and had a lot of great insight into 3M's business and roles I'd play as a intern. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M in January 2015.

Interview

started off with an online application. they replied back a few months later with an email. then came a phone interview with 3 people and that was followed by another interview 2 weeks later.