3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

2.7

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

Interview process itself was similar to other companies, though 5 interviews for the first day, next set was with two-three additional people a few weeks later.

They seem to lack an HR dept so an admin assistant, who was fantastic, reached out to arrange the interviews. There was no one to ask the standard initial questions one would normally ask of HR prior to accepting an interview offer.

Their follow-up was not up to the standards they sold during the first interview process.

Interview Questions

• how would you setup cloud authentication
      what types of technology have you used and how did you use them
      Have you worked with significant technology dept and aged systems, how did you address it.
      Have you worked within an organization where security is still a bit behind and you need to help sell the success of it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Meet with the hiring manager to talk about the project. He asked details and overall of my experience. Since had board experience he was interested in may of them. I was glad I wrote them all and not exclude some, I was about. It ends up those I don' think related, caught his attention. Later I met with other team members. They each gave to talks about daily work.

Interview Questions

• What you can contribute most to this project?   1 Answer

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received mail after 15 days asked whether you are interested in the position after replying yes interview was set after 3 days. Asked about my previous experience and personal questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Escorted me to the interview room, very cordial low stress environment. Comfortable process generous with details about the position and the company. Good explanation of benefits answered any questions that I had about the position. Free tape

Paid Social Media Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The hiring process was long. It took several weeks to hear back about their decision to interview me. The interview was a panel interview. They did not get back to me for several weeks. Finally when I caught the hiring manager on the phone, she told me they moved forward with someone else.

Testing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was real easy. First round with QA lead. Asked me to talk about my entire resume. and the second round with the Director of IT department. I was asked few behavioral questions. Asked about my current work. very basic questions

Risk Assessment Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. First, I had a phone interview where I called the interviewer. It was quite strange, but apparently it was the new system they started implementing. Within a few days, I got a on-site interview at 3M. Was told I would be meeting with one person, turned out that I met with 4 people, the phone interviewer, two engineers, and the staffing agency representative. The 4th person walked into the interview a few minutes late so I had to catch him up on my answers. He asked oddly formatted questions that made it hard to answer a simple question. Overall, it was a simple interview asking about my experiences, how I would tackle issues, and working with engineers. Lasted within an hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with engineers? How would you work/lead with engineers?   Answer Question

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple meet and greet with technical phone interview. The hiring manager insisted I talk with another team that I would be working with. The hiring manager had silly questions like he never interfaced with these interviewers before and didn't understand what they did. The managers were going to follow up once they got feedback from the group and never called. I guess 3M must have too many applicants to bother being decent.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you working with your current employer in this role?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Friendly phone interview between me and 3 managers. It was a stress free conversation and basic interview questions were asked. Don't act nervous and be confident throughout the process. An offer was never extended out to me but it was a great overall experience and I learned from the conversation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, asked a colleague who I could pre-inteview with or who would know more about the position, reached out to the person via email and met that day. We got together for thirty minutes. I asked him how long he was in the position, his background and the position available. It was helpful to hear the background of the position and where it is heading. I had a phone interview with hiring manager and then heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume. Have you ever supervised? How do you project manage?   Answer Question