3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

2.7

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

Interview process itself was similar to other companies, though 5 interviews for the first day, next set was with two-three additional people a few weeks later.

They seem to lack an HR dept so an admin assistant, who was fantastic, reached out to arrange the interviews. There was no one to ask the standard initial questions one would normally ask of HR prior to accepting an interview offer.

Their follow-up was not up to the standards they sold during the first interview process.

Interview Questions

• how would you setup cloud authentication
      what types of technology have you used and how did you use them
      Have you worked with significant technology dept and aged systems, how did you address it.
      Have you worked within an organization where security is still a bit behind and you need to help sell the success of it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Meet with the hiring manager to talk about the project. He asked details and overall of my experience. Since had board experience he was interested in may of them. I was glad I wrote them all and not exclude some, I was about. It ends up those I don' think related, caught his attention. Later I met with other team members. They each gave to talks about daily work.

Interview Questions

• What you can contribute most to this project?   1 Answer

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received mail after 15 days asked whether you are interested in the position after replying yes interview was set after 3 days. Asked about my previous experience and personal questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Escorted me to the interview room, very cordial low stress environment. Comfortable process generous with details about the position and the company. Good explanation of benefits answered any questions that I had about the position. Free tape

Paid Social Media Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The hiring process was long. It took several weeks to hear back about their decision to interview me. The interview was a panel interview. They did not get back to me for several weeks. Finally when I caught the hiring manager on the phone, she told me they moved forward with someone else.

Testing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was real easy. First round with QA lead. Asked me to talk about my entire resume. and the second round with the Director of IT department. I was asked few behavioral questions. Asked about my current work. very basic questions

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for full time position. Applied through campus recruiting website. Standard interview questions. Was interviewed by a manager and a recent graduate. Asked the same questions to all candidates. Second round was not needed for decision.

Interview Questions

• Is there something that's not on your resume that you would like to highlight?
      Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?   1 Answer

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with a group of 4 people on the team I would be working closely with. We just talked for an hour about what I had done in the past and what the job would look like. Very easy going. All the questions made sense and it flowed very naturally.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what projects I had worked on and how involved I was with the instrumentation.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Long process. You will need the entire work day to complete. Started with a phone interview and then they fly you to St. Paul for in-person interviews with the entire training team of about 6 or 7 people. After a full day of interviews and presentations they fly you back to your respective city.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to lead in your last position.   Answer Question

Business Transformation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview that felt fairly casual, Interviewer was very approachable and easy to talk with. Asked questions pertaining to background outlined on resume and personal questions outlining how I fit in with company culture. Interview was not very long but was given ample time to ask questions of my own to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Can you handle working on your own without being supervised?   1 Answer