3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

2.7

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Assessment Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. First, I had a phone interview where I called the interviewer. It was quite strange, but apparently it was the new system they started implementing. Within a few days, I got a on-site interview at 3M. Was told I would be meeting with one person, turned out that I met with 4 people, the phone interviewer, two engineers, and the staffing agency representative. The 4th person walked into the interview a few minutes late so I had to catch him up on my answers. He asked oddly formatted questions that made it hard to answer a simple question. Overall, it was a simple interview asking about my experiences, how I would tackle issues, and working with engineers. Lasted within an hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with engineers? How would you work/lead with engineers?   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick screening call (done by the hiring manager, not HR) followed by a 2-3 hr panel interview with 2 panels. Lots of skills based questions and some personality screening. Good conversations overall.

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple meet and greet with technical phone interview. The hiring manager insisted I talk with another team that I would be working with. The hiring manager had silly questions like he never interfaced with these interviewers before and didn't understand what they did. The managers were going to follow up once they got feedback from the group and never called. I guess 3M must have too many applicants to bother being decent.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you working with your current employer in this role?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Friendly phone interview between me and 3 managers. It was a stress free conversation and basic interview questions were asked. Don't act nervous and be confident throughout the process. An offer was never extended out to me but it was a great overall experience and I learned from the conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty intense on paper. I had to interview with 4 different people. However, once I actually met the people, the process was very easy. Extremely nice, easy going, in one interview we talked mostly about golf. Before the interviews I didn't know if I wanted the job. After the interview, I knew I wanted it badly.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Extremely quick turn around for the factors that the department head could control. 2 days after application I got a call for an in person interview, typical interview 4 interviewers, it was fairly relaxed and conversational. interview was on Friday and I had a offer Monday night. the only thing that slowed it down was the HR contingencies.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume, elaborate on what you feel is important.   1 Answer
    • What hobbies do you have, what do you like to do.   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

One behavioral interview. Very standard, they just wanted to hear what groups I was involved in on campus and asked a few standard behavioral questions.They came to my college campus. They took a long time to follow up, but they eventually told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lead a team. Very basic behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on 3M's careers site, and got an email response within about 2 weeks of applying. Met with my interviewer (now current supervisor) and started out with basic personality interview/"get to know you" questions. Eventually moved on to more "formal" interview questions and also discussed school work and major.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe a group project you were involved in, how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Invent a new future case competition, taking a very broad question and finding a solution that will benefit the company while learning how to work in a large group of teammates. Once you have a plan then you and your team have to present the case and your recommendation to a panel of judges. Purpose is to create team work, challenge your business skills and see how you manage under stress.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, asked a colleague who I could pre-inteview with or who would know more about the position, reached out to the person via email and met that day. We got together for thirty minutes. I asked him how long he was in the position, his background and the position available. It was helpful to hear the background of the position and where it is heading. I had a phone interview with hiring manager and then heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume. Have you ever supervised? How do you project manage?   Answer Question