3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.7

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty intense on paper. I had to interview with 4 different people. However, once I actually met the people, the process was very easy. Extremely nice, easy going, in one interview we talked mostly about golf. Before the interviews I didn't know if I wanted the job. After the interview, I knew I wanted it badly.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Extremely quick turn around for the factors that the department head could control. 2 days after application I got a call for an in person interview, typical interview 4 interviewers, it was fairly relaxed and conversational. interview was on Friday and I had a offer Monday night. the only thing that slowed it down was the HR contingencies.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume, elaborate on what you feel is important.   1 Answer
    • What hobbies do you have, what do you like to do.   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

One behavioral interview. Very standard, they just wanted to hear what groups I was involved in on campus and asked a few standard behavioral questions.They came to my college campus. They took a long time to follow up, but they eventually told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lead a team. Very basic behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on 3M's careers site, and got an email response within about 2 weeks of applying. Met with my interviewer (now current supervisor) and started out with basic personality interview/"get to know you" questions. Eventually moved on to more "formal" interview questions and also discussed school work and major.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe a group project you were involved in, how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Invent a new future case competition, taking a very broad question and finding a solution that will benefit the company while learning how to work in a large group of teammates. Once you have a plan then you and your team have to present the case and your recommendation to a panel of judges. Purpose is to create team work, challenge your business skills and see how you manage under stress.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, asked a colleague who I could pre-inteview with or who would know more about the position, reached out to the person via email and met that day. We got together for thirty minutes. I asked him how long he was in the position, his background and the position available. It was helpful to hear the background of the position and where it is heading. I had a phone interview with hiring manager and then heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume. Have you ever supervised? How do you project manage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

First two interviewers asked about my resume and personal questions, similar to other interviews. However, the third appeared as if he never read my resume and simply asked me to solve an answerless question in order to see how I would think through it.

Interview Questions

• I am in a boat over the deepest part of the ocean. I then drop a bowling ball into the water. How long does it take to hit the bottom of the ocean?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was a one on one session of approximately 45 minutes with the fiance director for the position. Interview was a standard behavior interview with typical questions on work history, style, and past performance.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was about one hour long with the supervisor for the position. Probably one third of this time was the applicant talking and the other two thirds was a tour of the lab and description of activities you'd be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation if something in the lab didn't turn out as planned?   Answer Question

Advanced Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

On-site interview. Presented a 40 min talk about my research to 8 members of the Food Safety team. Met and talked to multiple members of the "Food Safety" team at different levels, for 15-30 min each, before and after lunch. Lunch with two lab members. Second interview with hiring manager. The position was to further develop a specific product line within the company which was not exactly my specialty, but easy to adapt to.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about my research. A few general situational questions. Questions about my leadership and practical experiences and how they relate to the position.   Answer Question