3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview came first - me and 2 workers from the company. This was followed by and on-site interview that was several one-on-ones. I'm not really sure what to put here other than be yourself and bring your a-game. I didn't have too many technical questions outside of the general ones. Mostly they seemed interested in my past experiences and how they would bring value to this role.

Interview Questions

• What are you most excited about in this role?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager in one of their staff scientist. They then invited me for an on site interview which started with a presentation followed by several individual interviews. the interviews were pretty simple and that there is not a great deal of behavioral or technical questions a lot of it was just conversation about what I had done or was living in the greater Minneapolis area is like. they also asked me about my hobbies. I would say that it was a very inviting experience and that the company is extremely impressive.

Interview Questions

• describe your collaborations

do you have any problem initiating collaborations

what makes a good innovator/inventor

what are some problems you think you would encounter during your transition

who is an innovating inspiration for you and why

describe an "aha moment" you had and the impact of that

what skill sets would you bring to the table and what about them separates you from others
      Answer Question

Industrial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview used to screen candidates. Talent Acquisition was looking to pare down candidates before face to face interviews in Maplewood. First step involved a questionnaire. Talent Acquisition called for a 30 minute interview. A second call from the hiring manager followed later the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current position and role within the company   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

very casual, interviewer was mostly concerned with finding out whether I had the requisite skills and abilities to fully carry out the work involved with being a lab technician for 3m. also important was finding out whether or not I was a good fit with their team

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews then a round robin type interview that lasted a day in St. Paul. Interviewed with roughly 9 managers and took a sales IQ test. Was notified roughly two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important trait to have in sales?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Grueling, full day of interviewing. Multiple rounds of group interviews with training staff and management. Presentation included - present about something that you are interested in, 10 minutes with a panel.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, flew to st. paul minnesota for a day of group interviews. Incredibly difficult and grueling process. Training/hiring team is very informed on how to interview and vet prospects - very difficult but rewarding when i got the job. Presentation in front of hiring team - very nerve racking experience. Went in December during the harsh MN cold - coolest thing ever.

Package Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Mostly all situational type questions were asked in the interview. Tell me about a time you encountered this problem and how you responded to it. They asked me to elaborate more multiple time upon my responses so have specific examples ready. Very few technical questions were asked, but working with Microsoft Excel was key to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to persuade someone?   1 Answer

Strategic Business Development Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

30 min on campus interview followed by a day of on site interviews. The evening before the on site interviews the candidates are invited for a dinner with current team members which is a great opportunity to interact with current employees and learn about the company culture in a more informal setting.

Interview Questions

• 2 onsite interviews (90 min each) were conducted by group managers. In the first interview I was given one case with a declining profit scenario and asked to identify the best stratergy to increase the profitability via market size analysis, marketing evaluation, pros and cons, risk analysis, etc. 2nd interview was mostly behavioral to determine if I was a good fit for the company and the group I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Standard interview process. Met with roughly 4 3M employees. Ranging form Management, to sales trainers. Asked typical interview questions. Have 30/60/90 day plan ready. Dress formal. Be ready for a long day of interviews. They will give you 10-15 mins in between rounds. Bring note pad. It's helpful to take notes.