3M Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Hartford, CT) in August 2009.

Interview

Very casual one on one interview with hiring manager. Lasted two hours. Very informative give and take.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M in January 2010.

Interview

Asked general questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in your current position when you had a problem come up that needed to be solved quickly and what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had responded to their ad on a job site and they called me after 2 months.I had the first interview with the country manager who seemed to be a great guy , most of the time he was talking explaining the job in detail.He tried to "sell" me 3M and the fact that they hire during the country's greatest financial crisis.3 weeks later I had the second interview with the sales director.Very kind and very friendly , too.We had a fruitful discussion and he told me that if I qualify I will have a third interview in english with the foreign No 1 , the general manager.But 3 weeks later they sent me an e-mail stating that they decided to proceed with another candidate.On the whole, a very good experience and I'd like to work for them in the future

Interview Questions

• 1)Why do you want to leave your current company ?
      2)Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
      3)Which of the seminars you have attended helped you most?
      4)How would you describe yourself in a sentence ?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M in June 2009.

Interview

Panel Interview with 6 diferent people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

4 interviews. HR, Area manager, and 2 in person interviews. Had to give a sales presentation and describe several situations that were hard decisions and or difficult ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

Straightforward
    On-campus
    Interviewed for their internship Summer 2011 internship program.
    Interviewed with the head manager of a division within 3M as well as a previous sales intern from my school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to turn a 'no' into a 'yes'?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M in November 2011.

Interview

Flown out to Minneapolis/St. Paul, interviewed with several people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Situational Questions, tell me about time......., also had to sale a product. Apply online 2weeks later got a call, phone interview, then flown out to st. Paul, interview with 4 different ppl