3M Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2013.

Interview

Spanish and English interviews.
Personality test. To know if you can work as a team. Your leadership.
Presentation
Sale a product to the interviewer.
Know if you are willing to travel whole of your time.
Know your English level.
If there are several candidates, to hold a debate between them.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel the whole of your time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews then a round robin type interview that lasted a day in St. Paul. Interviewed with roughly 9 managers and took a sales IQ test. Was notified roughly two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important trait to have in sales?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had responded to their ad on a job site and they called me after 2 months.I had the first interview with the country manager who seemed to be a great guy , most of the time he was talking explaining the job in detail.He tried to "sell" me 3M and the fact that they hire during the country's greatest financial crisis.3 weeks later I had the second interview with the sales director.Very kind and very friendly , too.We had a fruitful discussion and he told me that if I qualify I will have a third interview in english with the foreign No 1 , the general manager.But 3 weeks later they sent me an e-mail stating that they decided to proceed with another candidate.On the whole, a very good experience and I'd like to work for them in the future

Interview Questions

• 1)Why do you want to leave your current company ?
      2)Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
      3)Which of the seminars you have attended helped you most?
      4)How would you describe yourself in a sentence ?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Standard interview process. Met with roughly 4 3M employees. Ranging form Management, to sales trainers. Asked typical interview questions. Have 30/60/90 day plan ready. Dress formal. Be ready for a long day of interviews. They will give you 10-15 mins in between rounds. Bring note pad. It's helpful to take notes.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Hiring process can take up to three months, including apptitude tests. Went through 2 phone interviews and one face-to-face interview before going to the headquarters for interviews with four senior managers. Then I spent a day in the field with one of the top sales reps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you turned around a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a salary lower than i was making stating that the company car was wortha certian amount of money. I was naive enough to accept the lower offer, which I regret to this day. I was too young to know how to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Four hours of interviews with five people followed by four hours of sales aptitude testing, personality testing, drug testing, and intelligence testing. Part of this is to determine what you are like throughout a full days work, not simply an hour face to face meeting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you built with your hands?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Situational Questions, tell me about time......., also had to sale a product. Apply online 2weeks later got a call, phone interview, then flown out to st. Paul, interview with 4 different ppl

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M in November 2011.

Interview

Flown out to Minneapolis/St. Paul, interviewed with several people.