3M Senior Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After a month heard back about phone interview: 20 minute research talk. Two weeks later asked to come for an on-site interview. Had dinner night before with interviewers. Day started with 45 min research seminar, then five 1-on-1 interviews. Mostly talked about research and answered technical questions. Seem to require a very particular personality match.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Start with on-campus interview, which was more general and more about spreading the message that 3M does Rapid Recruiting every December (so wait for that). Later got a phone call asking me to apply for the online position starting with "RR" (for Rapid Recruiting), and got the on-site invitation after two days. The on-site interview was very fun, well organized and very impressive. It somewhat feels like a conference since I got to meet other candidates (non-competitive) and listen to their presentations. Got the offer one day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you see you can contribute to the company, given all the information you have collected? (has to talk about detailed ideas)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Initial on-campus interview with high ranking manager that was not specific to the lab I was interviewing for.
    2. Phone interview with technical lead and manager from the lab I was interviewing for.
    3. Invited to 3-day "Rapid Recruiting" on-site visit to give a 1-hour talk and do group and individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars to research any open problem, what would it be?   Answer Question