3M Technical Aide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3M Technical Aide Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.3

Technical Aide Interview

Interview

They emailed and set up an interview within a week of applying for the position. One on one interview followed, and received a phone call a week after that. Was hired shortly after

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you have solved a problem on your own in the past   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received mail after 15 days asked whether you are interested in the position after replying yes interview was set after 3 days. Asked about my previous experience and personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty intense on paper. I had to interview with 4 different people. However, once I actually met the people, the process was very easy. Extremely nice, easy going, in one interview we talked mostly about golf. Before the interviews I didn't know if I wanted the job. After the interview, I knew I wanted it badly.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Extremely quick turn around for the factors that the department head could control. 2 days after application I got a call for an in person interview, typical interview 4 interviewers, it was fairly relaxed and conversational. interview was on Friday and I had a offer Monday night. the only thing that slowed it down was the HR contingencies.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume, elaborate on what you feel is important.   1 Answer
    • What hobbies do you have, what do you like to do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

First two interviewers asked about my resume and personal questions, similar to other interviews. However, the third appeared as if he never read my resume and simply asked me to solve an answerless question in order to see how I would think through it.

Interview Questions

• I am in a boat over the deepest part of the ocean. I then drop a bowling ball into the water. How long does it take to hit the bottom of the ocean?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online through the company's website. Received a call a few weeks later (can't remember exactly how long it took) from the engineer I would end up working for. He asked to set up a screening interview on a date that would work best for me. After the screening interview, I was invited for an on-site interview at the building that my boss worked in (and I would work in). I was interviewed by 2 people, the engineer who would become my boss and a person that worked with my boss. After the on-site interview, I waited about a week and got a call from the boss of my boss who asked similar questions that were asked during the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, so I didn't even try.

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I got an email asking if I was still interested in the position and I called as soon as I saw it and set up an interview date. My interview started at 1pm the next day. The guy I will be working under got me from the lobby and right away the interview started. He really didn't ask me any questions but gave me a tour of the machines and I met some people I will be working under too. He told me there was another interview the next day and he'll choose between me and that person. The next day about 4pm he left me a voice mail saying I got the job if I was still interested. I said yes of course. It took forever for the hiring process to complete. I got the job June 26th and I start July 21st.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call ~15 minutes of basic experience questions. Onsite interview that lasted about 3 hours mostly showing around/lab walk through followed by session of detailed questions about resume and some hypothetical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just be ready for some problem solving and know your own resume backwards and forwards. There were some basic social interaction questions as well such as "How do you work with other people when you encounter a disagreement..."   1 Answer

Better offer from another company and they took too long. Total process from online submission to offer took ~2 months. Great group of people and great company, it was hard to turn down but money talks. The offer is also contingent upon drug screen and background check to be completed within 72 hours of offer acceptance.

Technical Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I was contacted for a 15 minute phone interview. At the end of this interview I was invited for an interview at the St. Paul campus. The interview was very laid back and friendly. I spoke with the hiring manager one on one for about 30 minutes mainly talking about my interests and strengths. I met for a group interview with about 6 people and presented some of my past work. At the end of the interview I was offered the job after the group had discussed in private.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few detailed questions about the projects I presented (computer code syntax, design choices, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase for a tech aide position at 3M. Don't try to negotiate.

Technical Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

One interview with the manager who oversaw my work for my duration with the company