7-Eleven Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7-Eleven Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.2

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Hiring process is long but it is beneficial to you and the employer. You will do 3-4 phone interview, a ride-along with a current field consultant and then a final interview after that. There are multiple opportunities to jump ship as the prospective employee as well as opportunities for them to stop the process too.

Interview Questions

• How will you develop repoire with the store managers if hired?   Answer Question

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven in June 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter. I was then moved on to the next step in the process which was an in person with the Market Manager. I then went on a ride along with a current Field consultant to get a feel for what they do. Lastly, there was a final phone interview scheduled with the HR leader about 2 weeks after my ride-a-long. They called with an offer a few days after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate yourself to go to work daily? (Since the position is home based, with no office that you work out of)   Answer Question

Negotiation

During my final phone interview with HR, I asked about salary. They were very candid and told me what they would give me if an offer was made, what they WOULD NOT pay me, and explained why.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Dover, DE) in July 2016.

Interview

Very quick and informative. There was a much more 1:1 critique about how i would go about changing the store. It was not awkward and uncomfortable, and the store manager was surprisingly friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the complaints you would make about the store?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Westminster, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a short interview in an informal setting. Very casual and easy to approach questions in a well thought out manner. Nothing really took me by surprise and was overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you dependable and are you looking for long term work? I get a lot of temporary people here who don't stay for very long.   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • How's your background check out?   1 Answer
    • Are you honest? Theft is a big issue and I need to be able to trust you.   1 Answer

Night Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Went into the main office where everyone must go, I dressed business casual however there were a lot of burnout there applying as well. People with crazy hair, tons of facial piercings, and slovenly appearance were kindly asked to leave. They bring you into q small interrogation room and ask some general basic questions. If they approve yiy through this two minute screening you then take a personality quiz, which is more of a vocabulary quiz, two questions. Multiple answers, first is, "what qualities does a customer expect out of you", second is, "select which qualities you possess" both have the same answers, select all that apply. If you answer satisfactorily, you then take a wonderlic quiz, just a simple aptitude test, mostly simple math, a lot of vocabulary, and some problem solving and logic. Interviewer comes back tells you that they will make a decision in 3-5 days, if they are interested they will call you, if they don't call you they passed over you and you can reapply in six months. I got called the next business day (mainly because I dressed nice, stood up when interviewer entered the room, and got the highest quiz score the interviewer p seen in her fifteen years). Anyways, they called and asked for me to submit a urine sample, which is always a good thing. I went and gave my sample and was told that if it clears I will be contacted in 3-5 days, if there's an issue a medical review officer. I passed and three days later they asked for me to come in for orientation. I did and thought it was just a final interview, turns out if you get invited to orientation it means you have the job and are expected to start your training the next day. But orientation is just filling out all the HR paperwork, basic rules and certification the state requires if you, such as gasoline handling and sales, and most importantly deterring sales of tobacco and beer to minors. This is the most important part!!! You will take a pre test, and go over the answers and watch a short film and suggested to take notes, she will also pretty much tell you what notes to take, and then you will have an open book test. IF YOU FAIL THIS TEST YOU WILL BE FIRED ON THE SPOT!!! We had a girl who failed and they brought her to thE HR lady who cut her a check for the day in class and she returned her issued uniforms and did the walk of shame to collect her items and leave. At the end of class you are given the store you will work at with the managers name, and what time and date to show up for your first day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, non negotiable. Strict rule that day clerks start at 13.10 and after 3 months get a raise to 14.25, night clerks automatically start at 13.65 and raise to 15.50 after two months. You are guaranteed 30 hours a week as full time, however night shift is essentially garautneed 40 hours, overtime is offered case by case week by week at pay and a half

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Process stated off with a typical phone screen interview. An HR person asks a series of basic questions, and goes over your resume. They also ask questions to see how motivated you are to work for the company and the role specifically.
    The second interview I had was done virtually, with a panel of 4 managers. They asked me to go over my background first, then asked a series of behavioral questions.
    The final interview was in-person. It was done at their HQ in Dallas, and was another panel of managers. They again asked a series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you were given a complex project, and the process you went through to complete it?   Answer Question

I received another offer at a different company.

Night Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Very polite, asked what was my goals and the things I was interested in. The beginning was a waiting process then, after 10 minutes or so, 9 names were called including mine. The receptionist told us to enter a room and have a seat at a table. We were then handed a personality test, not timed, which had about give or take 40-60 questions. Once we completed the test we handed it to the receptionist and waited in the lobby after 15-20 minutes past we then had a one on one interview with I'm guessing an employee. A very quick interview about 10 minutes or so, after the interview I was told that I would get a call if anything were to proceed. I haven't got a call since.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for this year?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (East Meadow, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

They asked no questions just asked when i can work and that was about all that was said then paper work was rushed into it and i was hired.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Visalia, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

He just asked me what hours I was available I told him that I could work any time that he needs me. He didn't ask me anything else really but I told him how I knew what to do and that I would be a good fit for the team

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available   1 Answer

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

Went online and printed out an application, turned it in about a week later, they did an immediate interview which included an online test ( basic math & comprehension ) , as long as you pass that it's a shoe in . Got offered a full time position paying $13