7-Eleven Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Greenville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a standard over-the-phone interview that lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. After completing the over-the-phone interview I was emailed an assessment test that composed mostly of math and personality questions that took about 2 hours. I was then called to schedule an in-person interview to which I interviewed with 3 Field Consultants that asked a wide variety of questions based on past experiences as well as a couple of how would you handle this scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you and a supervisor disagreed with a situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 7-Eleven

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter after putting my resume online. I was given a phone interview with the recruiter that involved discussing the job requirements and what kind of experience they were looking for. I was then asked a series of questions about how I'd handled different situations at my current job and what set 7-Eleven apart from other retailers. After answering the questions in a satisfactory manner I had to take a behavioral analysis and math test and fill out an application. I then had a face to face interview with a field consultant and was immediately contacted afterward by the recruiter to express their interest in me. I was told they were willing to hold the position for me while a bought a car and they did hold it for over a month until I bought my car.

Interview Questions

• How would you work outside the box to increase sales on the featured food items?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you've had with an employee and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

First offer was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process at first was fairly decent The process took about a little over a month. I was contacted from Headquarters' HR department, I was given a phone interview which lasted about 35-45 minutes. I was recommended for next steps and that step was to complete an online assessment. After completing the assessment I was offered an interview with a field consultant from the 1603/Austin market. After I was hired, the company performed a background check that took an enormous amount of time. After this background check was complete I was sent on-boarding information via email. It contained several items needed in an orientation process. I felt some better questions could have been asked in the field interview, they seemed to be elementary, not to mention we were interrupted twice during that interview.

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Southgate, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Normal interview. Asked availability, heavy lifting, did tutorials on computer. Originally applied for cashier or stock position and worked my way up to manager after two years. Asked what my strengths and weaknesses were

Anonymous Employee in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Nassau, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Brief, they just needed fresh meat for the grinder. They have you meet in the back office of a designated store. They offer you a coffee and proceed by asking you questions about running a store.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Testing for business acumen, personality test, and two interviews with the same person. The interview was lengthy but it really just seemed like a nice conversation. The interviewer did talk on her phone the entire time I was taking the math portion of the business test which made it difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• None seemed difficult, just questions like 'have you ever been in a position of choosing between right and wrong and what did you do?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stressful and rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Columbia, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview in person interview then another interview with a different recruiter. It in all took 2 1/2 weeks to officially get hired with an offer. They sent me my offer letter 48hrs later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me an assistant manager position first. Paying me $14. I stated that's not what I interviewed for. I have a degree and I make more at my current job. They called back the next day and gave me the store manager position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2014.

Interview

I visited a 7-Eleven booth at a virtual job fair through the Lee Hecht Harrison career service. I didn't actually apply - I just perused the information at their booth. About a week later, I received a phone call from a recruiter asking if I'd be interested in applying. Having nothing to lose, I agreed and we set up a time for a phone interview.

The phone interview was definitely just a screening. He asked a lot of questions about my background. He was interested in the volume of revenue I had been responsible for as well as the number of direct reports I was used to having. He asked a few situational questions, most of which would be pretty simple for someone with leadership experience. After the phone interview, he told me immediately that he was going to set me up for a final interview with a Market Manager. He didn't give me vague answers or tell me that I could hear from them in 2-4 weeks. He then sent me an email with an actual application and an aptitude test.

The aptitude test was pretty standard. The typical agree/disagree choices, some simple math and problem solving. It took around 45 minutes to complete and was not timed. I took it the same day as my phone interview.

2 days later, which was yesterday, I had my interview with the Market Manager. It was one of the best interviews I've been a part of. He had my resume printed and had highlighted specific things he wanted to talk about. He had formulated his own questions specifically for me rather than using a generic interview packet, he was courteous and professional, but also kept the interview fun and lighthearted. There were times our discussion would go on a tangent, ending with one of sharing a humorous experience with the other and sharing a laugh. I really felt like my personality and social skills were tested. It wasn't only about having the answers to the questions, it was about effective communication skills and and the ability to interact with someone.

Some of the questions he asked:
    How would you describe your management style?
    How do you mediate conflict between employees?
    How can you use the P&L effectively?
    Tell me about the best manager you've ever had? What made them great?

Interview Questions

• This is probably cliche, but he asked about my greatest strength and my greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $45k based on what I read on this site. They counter-offered $47,500 plus bonuses. I graciously accepted.

My interview was on a Friday, he said to expect my formal offer in my email Monday, so I guess it isn't set in stone just yet. But he did offer me a job and salary and I informally accepted.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (South Bend, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed in the back room of a corporate store. Was relaxed 1 on 1 interview. Asked several questions about my personal background. Gaps in employment etc. It was not very challenging as I was definitely qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work 24 hrs?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

long and dreadful, drawn out

Negotiation

offer made was what I was looking for