85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe

1.8

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (Carrollton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Rather routine, they sit down and hand you an application. Ask you standard questions like "what are your strengths?" and "what are your weaknesses?" and so on. If they decide to hire you they will on the spot and ask for your ID and birth certificate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe.

Interview

Applied online, did not receive a call back until a month after. Was called in for a personal interview then received an offer for a position and accepted. Depending on the need of the store, follow up will take between a week or 3 weeks

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (Fremont, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Watched a video as a group. Very brief talked about customer service. Then individually called into a office to talk with the gentleman who was doing the interviews. Talked about what customer service ment to me, asked about my work ethic and what shift I would like to work the most. Then had me go to a phone located in the office and make a call to a number and type a code in.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you wanted to quit a job but you stuck to it and kept working?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (Brea, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called 3 weeks after I had applied for an in-person interview, which felt rushed. As a side note, everything you've read in the reviews section is true: 1) They try to get away with as little as possible, including low pay and horrible benefits, which means no 401K 2) The company mindset is still in Taiwan 3) The interviewer verified from the reviews that they are still a new company and that's why they offer horrible pay/benefits even though they've been open since 2009 in the US so that's not really new and many more issues.

I was suppose to interview with someone else so it felt very deceptive and disorganized, red flag. I should've walked out right there and than. The interviewer claimed to have been there since 2009 and have worked in various other departments besides IT, which really wasn't impressing me. I felt she got this job due to nepotism, red flag #2. There was no technical questions just general interview questions. They don't like candidates who go to school even at night/online as she verified you'd be working nights and weekends, in other words no work/life balance, red flag #3. She stated that the office would be moving to some other location soon. This company has a huge turnover. She tried to end with "do you have any other questions?", which was quite rude so I responded with "do you have any other questions for me?".

I knew right there and than that I didn't want to work there because of they way they were treating me. They are also considering internal candidates so I felt like this was just a quota interview, what a waste of time and I hate it when companies do that. She also verified everything in the glassdoor reviews and I couldn't run out there fast enough.

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (Irvine, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

First there was the application phase. After that was filled out, you wait for the call. The time in between the calls are very sporadic due to the fact that the interviewer is not always on top of things. They get applications, but most of them are not even looked at. Then when they realize that they need to hire, they'll go back and browse the applications and contact you despite the application being 2-3 months old. The interview consists of a review of the application, asking basic questions such as hobbies, language proficiencies, why submit an application to us, etc. Then it comes to the availability of hours. They usually hire based on this. If you put all open hours, then the chances are that you will most likely get hired, especially if no other applicant is willing to open up those hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No such thing as negotiation in this place. It's a take it or leave it. They only start off paying minimum and the chance of a raise is by taking their tests.

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (Chino Hills, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

New store opening in Pasadena, had to drive to Chino Hills for the interview with one of the store managers there. Sat at a table outside, she had my application and it seemed like it was the first time she looked at it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in food service before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hacienda Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (Hacienda Heights, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

interviewed with the manager who seemed really chill, got a call back three days later asking for me to come in during the afternoon, three day training period, if you're good the job is yours if you do bad during the training then they don't want u anymore.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (West Covina, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically had to go onto their site and fill out the application. There are many questions that they will ask that show your behavior or attitude towards how you see yourself and how you would treat others. Very friendly and comfortable environment to be interviewed in.

Interview Questions

• You are sat down with a manager and asked various questions. What are your pet peeves, whats most important, are you a team player, many scenarios or past experiences.   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe.

Interview

At the time they were building the store, so there was construction going on in the background and I had to yell to be heard and asked the interviewer to constantly repeat himself.
    They asked the usual interview questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have?

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

just like any other interview process where they will call you when an interview is ready and then begin asking basic questions. If they like you you will get scheduled within 1-2 weeks or given a reminder to take note of. They will ask for availability however you get to choose in the application which position you wish to take on. Overall it's like any other interview , stay calm and you'll be fine , answer with conviction and confidence and that should really help.