888 Spectate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 888 Spectate

2.8

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview took about an hour and it was conducted by three people. They were very friendly and they made the effort to put me at ease during the interview. I was ask questions about databases and how to organize data structures.

Interview Questions

• I was asked: how I would organize a group of different animals into a hierarchical structure.   1 Answer

Jun 11, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to read about your interview experience.

If you have any suggestions for improvement, please feel free to email hr@betbright.com.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 888 Spectate.

Interview

I was given a temporary link to an online technical interview which contained multiple choice PHP questions. The questions asked you to choose the correct PHP code but the answer contained crazy obfuscated code that took a while to read and as it was a time limited test, it was very difficult to do this.

Interview Questions

• Being given a ridiculous, almost impossible technical test. After this, I didn't even want to get a job there.   1 Answer

Nov 20, 2017 – HR Manager

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback (positive and negative) on board and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail- please email hr@betbright.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

- Did a quick phone screening
    - Was sent a briefing for a technical exercise
    - Completed the exercise and sent the answer
    - Did a skype interview (I had to relocate from abroad) to present the answers to the technical exercise and describe my past experience
    - Got an offer (including very good relocation package)
    - Was asked for references
    - Signed Contract

Interview Questions

• Based on given business requirements write user stories for the implementation of a (specific) new feature.   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to read your interview and onboarding experience :)

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very unprofessional as the interviewing manager never sought any introduction and did not give any room to ask any questions to let me know more about the company. The interview process reflected the overall company's attitude and I made up my mind to not proceed with this very unprofessional firm.

Computer science engineers should stay away from this firm.

Interview Questions

888 Spectate Response

Oct 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback- we appreciate your feedback and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. We are disappointed to learn about your interview experience and would welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in more detail. Please contact us directly and confidentially at hr@betbright.com

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

the interview process was good, It was all about technical questions.
    there are coding exercises that you must be completed before the face to face interview. You will be asked questions based on the exercises. So, prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between == and ===?   1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was stringent but was kept casual at the same time. This gave me a sense of how the company works and I found this appealing.
    I learnt about the history of the company, how the company has grown and what they are planing for the future.
    The interviewers provided me low level details, for instance the day to day tasks that I would be participating in, but also gave me high level info of how my role fits into the companies strategy.
    I was free to ask questions the whole way through the process and I was happy with all the answers.
    Overall the interview process was pleasant and I was happy with how it went.

Interview Questions

• If there was a screen with a login name and password text areas on the screen, what test cases would you create for that?   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandyford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Sandyford (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Friendly and relaxed. Talked through answer to short question test prior to interview. Patient and open minded about answers, helping me figure about things that could have been answered better

Interview Questions

• Recommend a book and a film.   1 Answer

Sep 19, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted that you had a positive interview experience!

- The HR team

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandyford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Sandyford (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I emailed in my CV. Received an automatic email to state my application has been reviewed. Contacted within 24hrs to arranged a phone interview. Phone interview lasted appox 30 mins. Job Interview then arranged that day for later in the week. Inter lasted approx 45 mins. Then I was informed via phone call that my application had been successful .

Interview Questions

888 Spectate Response

Sep 19, 2017 – HR Manager

- The HR team

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phonecall, spoke to the team supervisor - very friendly, amiable and honest with both the pros and cons of the position. Second interview via Skype video (as I was abroad) with supervisor & a senior agent, same friendly and casual tone, no questions went unanswered and they were very forthcoming with demands/salary expectations/starting dates/long term goals etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are the most important qualities a cs agent needs to have?   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at 888 Spectate (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Betbright make use of a very standard interview process. Initially there were two technical tests on iOS and Java (taken straight from tests4geeks, see links below), a phone interview, and then an on-site meet & greet for interviews and tests.

Did not like technology stack - extensive use of wrapper. Poor company reviews from other developers also