8x8 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

8x8 Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Junior Android Developer Interview

Interview

Initial communication was with a recruiter at a job fair who pushed me to apply online. I was selected for an on-site interview soon after where we also learned about the company as a group. (Most candidates were UCSC students.) Company culture was very diverse as they mentioned they hired people of all ages and it showed.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with management in three separate meetings across about 12 weeks. Came back and met with the same group on two separate occassions. The meetings were cordial and informative. The more I met with the team, the more open they were about how they saw the role fit into the overall business.

Interview Questions

• What levers would I use to grow the business?   1 Answer

NPI PM Interview

Interview

recruiter and hiring team seemed to be out of sync the entire process. passed phone interview. continued onto on-site interview. seemed to go well as they indicated they wanted move to the next step of meeting with a VP. made lots of effort to schedule this next step, but they kept stalling and making excuses. ultimately, they passed with no apparent reason why...had poor experience with entire interview process - the recruiters are not very professional and timely with their follow-up - wonder if its a reflection of their leadership and engineering staff...

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a project manager fell into a coma and you had to come and fill in?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at 8x8.

Interview

I reached out to a senior manager and had a great conversation. He indicated that he will have a recruiter contact me for next steps. Rest of the process was pretty typical - late or no follow-up, lack of communication and knowledge of the role and process, no respect for the candidate, and no indication of where I stand in the interview process. They have changed the job title 3 times in the last 2.5 months and keep on re-posting the job with the same description.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the sales team's request and guide them towards a particular solution?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 8x8 (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very loose and comfortable. Culture seems really nice, but not sure about managing style. May be a micromanaged postion. Everyone was friendly from the girl up front to the management team (that I met)

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, asked to assess website and give a presentation in person during next on-site interview. Then was asked to put a marketing plan together. Came back and presented to a few of senior staff. They liked it and asked me to come back again to present the same thing to other executives. Went in, everyone was happy, even met the CEO. After that, they asked for me to dive deeper into the plan to tell them how I would go about executing it. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm not up for free consulting. I pulled out of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Assess their website - the good, the bad, the ugly.
      Create a marketing plan for them on how to grow the business.
      Dive deeper into the marketing plan and tell them how I would go about executing.
      1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Great process. Got a call from recruiter who did a phone screen (15 mins). 3 days later first onsite interview with 2 managers. Went over my resume and asked fair questions, nothing tricky. Very transparent. 5 days later met with higher executives. Had a very natural conversation. Very smart people and fun to talk to. No presure if you know what your doing and are able to hold a conversation. 2 days later asked to submit background. 5 days later, got an offer and was given a chance to give 2 weeka notice. All in all, very good process from start to finish.

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 weeks process with all different team members. I had to come 3 to 4 times talking to different managers, team meeting, VP and SDR groups. The questions were average and similar to most other interviews. People were very nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult part of selling to mid size company?   Answer Question

Implementation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I met individually with two supervisors, the manager and an HR rep at their office. One supervisor asked situational and soft-skill questions. The second supervisor also asked situational questions, as well as some low-level technical questions. The interview with the manager and HR rep were more friendly conversations. Each person allowed me plenty of time to ask questions as well. They walked me around the office, and the environmental was friendly and casual.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue at hand.   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe IPv4, NAT, MAC address, DNS.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied thru linkedin. Got an email from recruiter. Set up a time to call and discussed about the position and my experience. Sent an online coding task. Up on completion set up a phone call with tech lead. Phone conversation was about my current role and experience and asked few data structure/algorithm questions. I felt the interview went well, the person was very jovial and discussed other things beside the job details. Promised to let me know the next steps. Never heard back since.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain different searches and big O calculation.
      2. Implement quick/merge sort and discuss efficiency.
      3. How would you query for nth largest value in a column (SQL).
      Answer Question