911 dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

911 dispatcher Interview Questions

"As a 911 dispatcher, it is your job to handle high-stress emergency situations. Employers are looking for candidates with strong communication skills that can calm callers as well as gather the necessary information to relay to emergency responders. Expect several role-play scenarios that will assess your ability to multi-task under pressure and handle frightened, anxious, or angry callers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a phone call where someone is loudly using profane language and is hard to understand?

4 Answers

I would remain calm, but firm and ask the person to be more clear so that I could send the help that they needed as quickly as possible.

Patiently, calmly, clearly and with precise direction

How would you handle a call you took for an emergency dealing with a family member?

2 Answers

How do you organize yourself when you have multiple tasks to complete?

1 Answer

Why do you want this job?

3 Answers

You have a mother calling that her infant is not breathing, at the same time an officer key's up on the radio, "shots fired". Who do you help? The mom or the officer?

2 Answers

What does leadership mean to you?

1 Answer

What all did I think an average 911 call entailed? What all was involved from start to finish in handling a call?

1 Answer

The testing are basic but can be confusing to some.

1 Answer

How would you handle a phone call where someone is yelling and screaming at you?

1 Answer

What did you like the best and worst about your current job (or previous position)?

110 of 34 Interview Questions