99 Cents Only District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

99 Cents Only District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at 99 Cents Only

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and had a great 30 minute screening and conversation. I was then scheduled for an interview with the Regional Director and Human Resources Manager. I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview and let an employee know that I was there to meet with the Regional Director. About 20 minutes later the HR Manager came looking for me and asked if I had a resume because they couldn't find one. I then gave him two copies and he said he would be with me shortly. After another 15 minutes, the HR Manager again came out and said they were ready. They asked me one question about why I left my previous company and proceeded to ask several follow ups about that, which was fine. The RD then asked the HR Manager if he had any questions and he asked one question and then they asked me if I had any questions for them. The RD also threw in there, that their District Managers are required to work 6 days a week. The interview was over in 11 minutes. It was the most disrespectful waste of my time ever. I strongly believe that as an RD or HR Manager, you are the face of the Company and are representing them. I am a potential customer that lives in the area and you should always treat people with dignity and respect. Because of the way that I was treated, I would not want to work for a company that treats people this way.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Very few questions asked and none that allowed them to learn about me and my experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 99 Cents Only

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Anaheim, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A pretty basic DM interview. Interviewed with multiple people and the decision was made pretty quickly. Overall everything withing a week and then I was officially on board in about 2 weeks. A very great process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Wylie, TX).

Interview

Received a call from their recruiter (outside company). Lengthy interview, some good questions and some really silly. He was looking for actual numbers from companies I left 6+ years ago. Who keeps budgets and such from past companies. Two days later recruiter called and told me the regional HR wanted to have a phone interview with me. Easy casual talk. More of a personality “fit” type talk. He told me he liked me and he would have an interview set up with the regional ops manager and senior vp. A week later I emailed the recruiter and asked for an update. He emailed back same day, “congratulations, we will have you scheduled this week”. Another week goes by and I email again. The recruiter has no idea and needs to speak with someone else and will get back with me. That was three days ago. I called the regional HR and was told they haven’t made ANY decisions on anyone yet and don’t have a timeline or update for me. What a mess. I hate it when they lie to you over and over. If you treat your prospective employees this way, how do you treat your current employees ?

Interview Questions

• What was shrink like in your district 6 years ago when you took it over and what was it when you left three years ago?   Answer Question