99 Cents Only Interview Questions | Glassdoor

99 Cents Only Interview Questions

Interviews at 99 Cents Only

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Katy, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

You sit down and they ask you questions on your availability and why you would be a good fit for the store. They also ask how much are you looking to get paid,

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to get paid   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Bakersfield, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It wasn't intimidating. The interview and the questions were straight forward. One-on-one interview. The questions revolved around experience, customer service, and one's reliability. I got the job on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only.

Interview

It was easy. Questions were asked in English. Like the first question was about my lifestyle. Where i was born, where i was held. Stuff like that. Then it went into some questions about the store. Do i like how the store already functions, if not, how can we make it a better place to shop?

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (San Antonio, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

My interview was over the phone & I imminently got hired. After that day it took about 3 days before I started. They had to do a background check and since im underage my parent had to consent to it.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

Sat down to talk about work experience and availablity. Discussed work positions available and what I would work best in. It was a really simple to the point interview. Asked if I had any questions and discussed wages.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went in for interview and asked if I had any experience in retail. Pretty casual and asked me about my background and about how can fit inside company. Pretty laid back and easy for the most part.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Mainly, you say why you want to work there. They want to here that you care about the business and you will be reliable. Unfortunately, they have a huge turnover rate so they want to try and not keep training people weekly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for 99 cents store ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Puente, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (La Puente, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

What the company mainly looks for is someone who has flexible hours and does not have a problem doing challenging tasks. You are told beforehand that this job is not as easy as it seems to make sure it's something you're in for. You're on your feet all day.

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Hawthorne, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I introduced myself and the manager at the time said you're hired. It didn't take much to get hired at all. In fact anyone can get hired in a company like this. Doesn't matter if you don't speak English, or have never had a job and you're 80 years old anyone can get hired here. No problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would say if you're really desperate for a job apply here. Otherwise, keep looking. Don't waste your time.

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (El Cajon, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The manager brought me in the office, asked me a few basic questions. Availability, why I want to work there. Same as every other interviewer, and then called me a few hours later and asked if I could make it to an orientation.