99 Cents Only Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Inglewood, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It was more so a conversation. I brought in a copy of my resumè and at the time I had no work experience so we just discussed about my school work. The interview was no longer than 10 min. I was hired on the spot. I was given a orientation date and time and the orientation wasn't even a orientation we just filled out paper work and left. I actually had to harass the manager about when I was going to start. When they gave me my first day I literally was just told "we're busy right now so we need you to start right now. " Keep in mind this was my first day I had NO training NO previous experience I had no clue how to operate the cash register. Very unprofessional place. Also ON MY FIRST DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET OFF AT 2:30 BUT I COULDNT LEAVE UNTIL 5:00 BECUASE THE WERE UNDERSTAFFED. So I end up quitting after 2 weeks because it is super unprofessional.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They made me wait in line with other people that were called. It was in an abandoned warehouse looking place behind one of their locations not at the store I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Fullerton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

When I turned in my application to the manager he asked some on the spot questions while looking over my aplication and then called me the same day for an inreview the next day and on the next day on the evening after my interview I got the call to go to orientation such meant that I got the job

Interview Questions

• If I was okay working holidays and weekends   1 Answer
    • If I was willing to work at 4am and as to late as 12am   1 Answer
    • If he fired an employee (my sister in law) was I okay to continue working there (with made little sense)   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Fountain Valley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

an interview with the supervisor and then to the manager and peguntaron my interest in working in the store and that experience had given me the option of the position he was told it was not easy to be carrying boxes and I got the day I had to enter and schedule

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us
      what is your experience
      what skills you have to work in a store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Westminster, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was pleasant and easy going. The interviewer was nice and calm. I just acted myself and thought that the experience was all right. Just go into it with an open mind and it should be very, very simple to achieve. Don't get nervous, just be yourself.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Anaheim, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A pretty basic DM interview. Interviewed with multiple people and the decision was made pretty quickly. Overall everything withing a week and then I was officially on board in about 2 weeks. A very great process.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Brea, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. One was an initial interview that I got by walking in but the manager didn't have a higher position available so he passed my information on and I ended up having two more interviews. One with two district managers then a second one with regional directors.

Interview Questions

• Some were just getting to me. Ex: Tell me about yourself
      Then some were super common. Ex: What are the most important traits to you in a candidate? Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? Explain about the experience.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Commerce, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within the week. I was interviewed over the phone and then they had me come in a interview with two executives. It was an intense interview but really does a good job of weeding out those less qualified.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and how we function within the retail space?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

You meet with the store manager Ruben Campos and the district manager who is currently Mondo last name unknown. in a back room and they take turns introducing themselves and then asking you questions. they tell you how this is a community store and in affects our community, you will see people you know there and they would like to give a good impression. I was not there when Ruben was there i was interviewed by Vicky, who was very nice also and the questions were easy a little old fashioned.

Interview Questions

• where do you live   1 Answer
    • who in your life do you look up to as a role model and why   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter Anna set up an interview to meet with DM Felipe at a store location . Got their and Felipe introduced himself and tells me that he had to take a conference call and that someone else would be doing the interview. The other manager was not there so I had to wait 30 more minutes until he arrived . After he got settled in and updated he introduced himself and said he would be conducting the interview. I spent maybe 5 minutes talking to him and he said to me that the interview was over and that Anna would be giving me a call back. I waited a week to hear from Anna she never did call me back so I emailed her and got no response .