9Gauge Partners Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

9Gauge Partners Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at 9Gauge Partners

4.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

It was an extensive interview to ensure that you understand the nature of the job. The interviewers were very friendly and personable. It started with a phone interview then the next process was an onsite visit for about a half of day.

Interview Questions

• How did you persuade to make a change when not everyone agreed with your position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 9Gauge Partners

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was in the form of Topgrading. If you are not familiar with it, a quick Google search should give you a pretty good idea. It is a very thorough process that really ensures that both sides of the process know what they're getting. One thing I will say, is that towards the end of the day after your technical skills and situational responses have been assessed you are going to be pretty worn out. Being asked generic questions about the highs and lows of your high school experience at this point didn't really seem like it was necessary or would heed much needed information; but that is all part of the process which is proven to work I guess! Throughout the day you will meet 8-10 people from across different teams, so take it for what it is and give everybody a chance. This is as much 9gauge being interviewed by you as it is you being interviewed by 9gauge. Ask any question you want and be as transparent as possible. Everybody is very personable and will give you an honest answer.

Interview Questions

• There is a skills assessment matrix that you will fill out before the interview pertaining to your knowledge over different areas.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

9Gauge uses the Topgrading method of recruiting. It is a very in-depth and thorough process. I responded to an ad on Indeed.com. Six weeks later I received a response. I answered the questions that were emailed to me and that was followed by a phone screening. Then I took a technical skills self-assessment survey followed by a technical skills phone interview that included a test at the end. Next I completed the full application covering education and career history from high school to present day. This was followed by a full day of interviews at the 9Gauge office: three hours reviewing my education and career history with two interviewers, lunch with three employees with jobs similar to that I was applying for, followed by a 1.5 hour behavioral interview with two different interviewers. It was very thorough. It was a long day and I was tired at the end, but I enjoyed the process and learned a lot about the company and myself.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like nothing I had ever been through before. The process started with me submitting my resume online. Within a week, I received an email with a couple follow-up questions regarding my experience and interests/future goals. Next I did a 30-45 minute phone screen, and at the end of the call we scheduled a one-on-one meeting for the next week between a partner and myself. During this meeting, I was asked about my past experience, strengths, weaknesses, my interests, goals for my future, etc. This meeting was very casual and comfortable. After the one-on-one, I completed a VERY comprehensive Topgrading questionnaire about my education and job history dating back to high school, a lengthy skills assessment (i.e., what programs I am familiar with, comfort level within certain programs, etc.), and a write-up of how I embody the 9Gauge core values.

The last step of the hiring/interview process was the all-day Topgrading interview that had 4 “sessions” each with a pair of 9Gauge employees (lasted about 6 hours total). In the first interview we covered the Topgrading questionnaire that I had completed and submitted before the all-day interview. The second interview was the technical interview where we went through the skills/competency assessment in detail. The third interview was an offsite, casual lunch with two employees, and the final interview was competency/behavioral session. While the all-day Topgrading interview seemed intimidating at first, I came to realize in the first session that the interviewers were not there to stump you with hard questions or make you feel like you had to earn their respect. There was a mutual respect that existed immediately when I set down with the first interviewers and continued through the end of the last interview. The point of the interview is to see if a candidate can think on their feet and to get a clear picture of the candidate as a professional and as a person. If you are confident in yourself and in your strengths/weaknesses, the interview should seem like nothing more than a conversation with your future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed and how you learned from that experience.   1 Answer
    • What were your strengths/weaknesses at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process used at 9Gauge is known as Topgrading. The first step I had was an initial phone screening where they checked my knowledge of the company and the position. The lady was pleasant, and our conversation moved along into an in-person coffee interview. I met with a partner who had years of experience. His passion for the company was inspiring and reaffirmed my decision to want to work here. Afterwards, they scheduled me for a full day interview where I met pairs of people who interviewed me about my work history, personality, and past/current work competency. The process was long and spanned over the course of weeks. My biggest takeaways were: (a) Be ready to set up a reference call because that's required. You cannot answer fluff responses since they ask you very specific questions. (b) They are looking to make sure you are a fit with them. Company culture and team values are the fits that matter most to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college? Why? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

The preliminary interview was professional but in a relaxed setting and was more of a "get to know you" chat about potential fit with the company and lasted about an hour or two. The next step was an all day topgrading interview. The top grading interview was structured so that several team members conducted the interview (2 at a time) and lasted all day, including a lunch interview. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to, but be prepared to delve all the way back to high school! The time put into the interview process made it clear that this company is really looking for A+ players that fit with their team and values.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners.

Interview

The interview involved three steps: A phone screen with HR, a skills assessment with several of the current consultants, and an intensive multi-hour interview with a range of team members covering multiple aspects of your skill set, work history, personality, etc. The process was very well explained before hand and everyone I met with was friendly and easy to get along with. The process gives you a good idea of the kind of people you're going to be working with because you meet so many of them during the different stages of interview.