9Gauge Partners Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

9Gauge Partners Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at 9Gauge Partners

4.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

This was by far the most in-depth interview I have ever had. The process included a phone screen, value statement written assignment, skills assessment, business case study, in-depth interview covering educational and career history, plus another behavioral interview. The process takes quite a bit of time including pre-work that's requested. But it's so worth it!

Interview Questions

• I had to complete a skills assessment and then had a two hour interview to show my understanding of various accounting concepts.   1 Answer
  • Asked in-depth about educational and work history (going all the way back to high school).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for 9Gauge Partners

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

After initial conversations with their Talent Manager and Managing Director, I completed a technical phone interview and then was invited for a full day interview at the office. The full day interview focused on answers given on their online application (previous work experience/behavioral/technical skills). The process is very in depth, but the team was flexible with scheduling and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• 1-5 rating of yourself on skills listing, wins/failures for all previous positions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

It is no exaggeration that this is the most in-depth interview process I have ever been a part of, either as an interviewer or an interviewee. 9Gauge uses an interviewing process called "Top Grading," which has several detailed steps geared toward the team getting to know the candidate, and the candidate getting to know about both the organization as a whole, and the team - it is truly a time investment on both sides. The things that stood out to me the most during the interview process were the friendliness, honesty and transparency of everyone I met. 9Gauge has earned its near perfect Glassdoor ratings, and my interactions with various 9Gaugers was testament of this. At the time I jotted down my thoughts, before formally posting them, I had not yet received an offer. However, this is the first interview I ever left feeling like regardless of whether I received an offer or not this was definitely a company I would recommend to anyone as a potential employer or business partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were right and others were wrong. How did you handle this situation? Vice versa, describe a time that you were wrong and others were right. How did you address this?   Answer Question

9Gauge Partners Response

Apr 17, 2018 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We realize that the time that you commit to our Topgrading interview is very valuable. We are so glad that you found everyone to be friendly and... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

9Gauge uses the interview process called Top Grading. This process is very thorough, but well worth work. It allows 9Gauge and the interviewee to get a better understanding of each other and if this is the right fit for both parties. The hardest part of the process was the Skills Assessment as it was quite time consuming, but it was very beneficial. The on site visit was an all day event. You get to meet about 6-8 employees varying from Partners to Associates. Everyone was friendly and happy to answer any and all questions. Overall, it was worthwhile experience.

Interview Questions

• Who was the hardest person you ever worked with and why?   1 Answer

9Gauge Partners Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Human Resources

The Skills Assessment is detailed- we use the same one for Associates to CFO level candidates. The process is lengthy but is important to get to know our candidates well! Im happy to hear you thought... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Very intensive but well worth it. I went through a standard 30 minute phone interview, then a 2 hour in person interview. It went very well and I expected an offer within a day or two...but then I got a call saying the interview went great and they'd like to setup next steps in the interview process. Less than a week later, I did a 4 hour interview (back to back 2 hour interviews).

Each 2 hour interview was done with 2 interviewers, simultaneously but I was never asked the same question twice. The majority of the added interview time was to really get to know me, not just professionally, but personally as well. It seems to me that management really wants to get to know their candidates because these employees are working with external customers/clients way more than internal employees.

Interview Questions

• What is attracting you to the consultant job lifestyle?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners in March 2014.

Interview

From the beginning of the interview process, it was apparent that 9Gauge Partners puts a lot of effort into finding the right people for their team. The interview process is very detailed and a little bit longer than I have experienced previously with other companies, but also very open and friendly. Using an approach called Topgrading, there were several steps to the process: phone interview, one on one in person interview and a full day interview with multiple members of the team. Additionally there is a very detailed career history form which is reviewed during the full day interview. While an all day interview has the potential to be a bit intimidating, I was put at ease from the first minute I stepped through the door.

At the end of the process I felt very confident that I had a good understanding of the company, including its strong adherence to ethics and values, my potential co-workers and the work expected for the open position. Throughout the process as I learned more about the company and the work 9Gauge does, I continued to grow more and more excited about the potential to become a team member.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Topgrading

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Application going back to high school, skills assessment (accounting, HR, Excel), written examples of how you embody 9Gauge's values, and a full day interview with 8 people (plus lunch). Interview is based on top-grading, which I won't give away here, but you should read up on it and be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Describe your mood swings.   1 Answer
    • Explain your understanding of deferred rent.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, coffee with Partner, technical skills assessment with different Partner, formal application process online, written assignment on company values, 6 hour interview with 3 groups of 2, lunch included.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered higher than expected. Accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview is quite complex and long. Don't go into this thinking that you will get hired after a few days. The process took several weeks starting from an initial phone screening. Make sure you did your research on the company! Afterwards, I went to a coffee interview with one of the partners who really delved into my personality and work history. I felt comfortable because I knew that 9Gauge truly believes their its make it successful. From there, I moved on to a full day interview where I met pairs of people per interview. The day broke down into a Topgrading career history, Lunch, Technical Tests, and Competency. Everyone was so friendly and passionate about working for 9Gauge. In the end, I received an offer letter where I accepted. No need to negotiate. They know the value of someone of my experience and offered to pay me a fair rate.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous supervisor's biggest strength and weakness?   Answer Question