9Gauge Partners Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 9Gauge Partners

4.5

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

Hiring process was long and challenging. My first interview (in-person) was with the hiring manager and I was asked to bring a sample of relevant work, which was reviewed and led to some challenging questions (why that way? why not...?). When I was asked to proceed to the next step in their process, TopGrading Career History, I was thrilled, until I looked at the activity required to complete this. It is a significant time investment on applicant's part. After completing this information, I was invited to participate in a full day in-person interview with firm's leadership. The morning was spent reviewing my TopGrading Career History and answering questions about what I liked / did not like, what were my successes and failures from various roles. The two individuals who performed this debrief did an excellent job of creating an environment where I felt comfortable sharing openly and honestly -- it always felt as though they were asking the questions to get to know me, not trip me up. I was taken to lunch by two other employees and enjoyed this less formal interview. For the last session, I was asked numerous behavioral interview questions by the 5th & 6th employees I would meet that day. Again, these individuals created an environment where I felt comfortable responding. They encouraged me to respond with personally relevant material if I struggled with professional material.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your former boss (from role xyz) would say your strengths and development areas were from that role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and flexible; smaller size of company allowed for quick decisions.

Other Interview Reviews for 9Gauge Partners

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 9Gauge Partners.

Interview

Longest interview process I have ever been through: Resume screen. Follow-up questions to resume. Phone screen. Coffee with a Partner. Technical competency interview. Written submission (short essay) of how my background matches with 9Gauges values. Self technical proficiency assessment. TopGrading resume (Long detailed background starting with High School moving to current day.). Day long (7.5 hours), multi-part in-person panel formal and informal interviews.

My process took three weeks. I was told that was quick by thier normal standards. It was worth every second.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failure at [Insert Position]?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate. The offer was above what I expected and the role was what I was looking for.