Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They really just asked about my previous experiences and challenges in previous roles. I had managed several small businesses with success so we spoke about that at length. They went over the different roles as manager that I would participate in should I be hired, went over the history of the company, and went over the benefits offered. I asked a few questions about the typical schedule which they answered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Easy and fun. District manager was cool and energetic. Described the job did some role playing. I was able to be myself and show off my skills. It was a great experience over all. This is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I went through three interviews - two store managers and a regional manger. The interview with the regional manager was by far the most intensive, lasting two hours and including a walk through of a competitors store.

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Odessa, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

For management, there will be an interview first with the store manager, first on the phone more than likely. Then a second in store interview will occur with the store manager, mostly asking about experience, nothing too difficult. Then you will have to have a phone interview with the district manager. There still won't be many difficult questions asked, mostly just about experience again. It's not a very detail oriented process.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome some kind of adversity in a previous job?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

In store interview with assistant or manager then you will come in for a
    One on one interview with manager! If the manager is impressed then you will have a
    One on one interview with district manager.
    The process took about a month if that!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know you Aero history and just relax! I thought my interview with my DM was a lot more relaxing than with the store manager!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Vacaville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to apply and then interviewed with SM. She passed me on to DM. Was supposed to interview on a Friday but they got the days mixed up so I waited a week after that. She liked me told me they would do a background check then I start. However a week later I receive a text from the SM saying im not a good fit now. Took a month.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

First had an interview with a store manager specialist. She as one on one question and then we went on an interactive walk through the mall. After that I had an interview with the district manager which was about the same thing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an employee who was out of dress code   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.