Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I went through three interviews - two store managers and a regional manger. The interview with the regional manager was by far the most intensive, lasting two hours and including a walk through of a competitors store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

In store interview with assistant or manager then you will come in for a
    One on one interview with manager! If the manager is impressed then you will have a
    One on one interview with district manager.
    The process took about a month if that!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know you Aero history and just relax! I thought my interview with my DM was a lot more relaxing than with the store manager!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions

• There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Anonymous Employee in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Tannersville, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a laid back interview. very informative about the company and expectations of the position. We sat outside which made for more of an relaxed interview. They started off with questions about me and my background and then went into a smooth transition of questions about the position I was applying for. Then wrapping up with expectations and benefits of company and leaving off if I had anything else I wanted to know. They also let me know I could reach out at anything if I had more questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experiences of being an assistant prior to applying. How to prioritize the work day with tasking and customers.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

First had an interview with a store manager specialist. She as one on one question and then we went on an interactive walk through the mall. After that I had an interview with the district manager which was about the same thing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an employee who was out of dress code   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Vacaville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to apply and then interviewed with SM. She passed me on to DM. Was supposed to interview on a Friday but they got the days mixed up so I waited a week after that. She liked me told me they would do a background check then I start. However a week later I receive a text from the SM saying im not a good fit now. Took a month.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Questions

• This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question

Negotiation

We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.