Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Westlake, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes or no

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Minot, ND).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2014.

Interview

The first interview was held with the district manager was very casual. It was held in the mall food court. The next interview was a video conference with the regional manager. Also very casual. Questions were catered to getting to know you as a person rather than what kind of employee you might be.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer is the typical Aeropostale goer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Odessa, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

For management, there will be an interview first with the store manager, first on the phone more than likely. Then a second in store interview will occur with the store manager, mostly asking about experience, nothing too difficult. Then you will have to have a phone interview with the district manager. There still won't be many difficult questions asked, mostly just about experience again. It's not a very detail oriented process.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome some kind of adversity in a previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Easy and fun. District manager was cool and energetic. Described the job did some role playing. I was able to be myself and show off my skills. It was a great experience over all. This is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview

aeropostale's manager found my application from another store at the mall. i was called up and asked if i would be interested. initally i was offered a management position but i was honestly looking to start out as a sales associate. the manager asked if i could come in to fill out an application and possibly an interview afterwards the following day. so i went and filled out the application and immediately sat down for the interview.

i wasn't sure what to wear because doing some research about other interviews with this company told me how casual they are and how they do prefer you wearing their brand. i wanted to stick to a professional look, but trendy and somewhat casual at the same time. nothing too business and serious like. i wore a cami with a long sleeve cardigan over, tucked in under a floral skirt, and some wedge heels. just look clean and try to match their style. it definitely helps if you know what fashion styles are "in" at the time. oh and of course try not to wear anything that screams out another brand.

she asked typical interview questions, like my past job experience, what i did exactly, if i ever operated a cash register, merchandising abilities, and what customer service experience i have (giving examples of positive and negative when asked)... what my career goals are and where i see myself in 5 years... it was very simple and conversation-like. just be confident and show it in your interview :)

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview was quick but takes about a month to get hired

Interview Questions

• What does Aeropostale mean   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slim chance

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Evansville, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Meeting with Store Manager for 1:1 interview followed by a meeting with the District Manager. Once met with District manager they made an offer for the position. There was normal pre hire type paperwork: background check, application, etc.

Interview Questions

• This is a fast paced environment that constantly changes, in your former employment, how did you handle change?   1 Answer