Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They really just asked about my previous experiences and challenges in previous roles. I had managed several small businesses with success so we spoke about that at length. They went over the different roles as manager that I would participate in should I be hired, went over the history of the company, and went over the benefits offered. I asked a few questions about the typical schedule which they answered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Easy and fun. District manager was cool and energetic. Described the job did some role playing. I was able to be myself and show off my skills. It was a great experience over all. This is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Odessa, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

For management, there will be an interview first with the store manager, first on the phone more than likely. Then a second in store interview will occur with the store manager, mostly asking about experience, nothing too difficult. Then you will have to have a phone interview with the district manager. There still won't be many difficult questions asked, mostly just about experience again. It's not a very detail oriented process.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome some kind of adversity in a previous job?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2014.

Interview

The first interview was held with the district manager was very casual. It was held in the mall food court. The next interview was a video conference with the regional manager. Also very casual. Questions were catered to getting to know you as a person rather than what kind of employee you might be.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer is the typical Aeropostale goer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2014.

Interview

Brief Group Interview with a follow up one on one with either the district manager, and or the regional manager. Retail based they will most likely ask for the group to pick out an outfit based on an event to see if they are comfortable in that setting. They will also look at appearance heavily to gauge if you will fit the look in order to be able to promote their clothing line.

Interview Questions

• Name a way in which you helped a customer tremendously   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Very laid back friendly, open chat format. It was very comfortable and conversational. I had 2 interviews, one with the SM and then the DM. It took about 2 weeks for the background screening to come back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I went through three interviews - two store managers and a regional manger. The interview with the regional manager was by far the most intensive, lasting two hours and including a walk through of a competitors store.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Evansville, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Meeting with Store Manager for 1:1 interview followed by a meeting with the District Manager. Once met with District manager they made an offer for the position. There was normal pre hire type paperwork: background check, application, etc.

Interview Questions

• This is a fast paced environment that constantly changes, in your former employment, how did you handle change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Tannersville, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a laid back interview. very informative about the company and expectations of the position. We sat outside which made for more of an relaxed interview. They started off with questions about me and my background and then went into a smooth transition of questions about the position I was applying for. Then wrapping up with expectations and benefits of company and leaving off if I had anything else I wanted to know. They also let me know I could reach out at anything if I had more questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experiences of being an assistant prior to applying. How to prioritize the work day with tasking and customers.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

First had an interview with a store manager specialist. She as one on one question and then we went on an interactive walk through the mall. After that I had an interview with the district manager which was about the same thing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an employee who was out of dress code   Answer Question