Aéropostale Part-Time Employee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Part-Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Peabody, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was looking for a summer job, perusing the mall, collecting applications from various stores, and Aeropostale just happened to be on of the stores. I took them all home and filled them out. I returned them and Aero told me I'd hear back within a few months, because it wasn't hiring season for summer yet (understandable). I got a call from them 1-2 months later, asking if I could come in for an interview.

I arrived at the store about 5 minutes early, and was asked to fill out a few forms (standard procedure). After I filled in my forms and passed them in, I was asked to wait for the rest of the people to show up. It ended up begin another 10 minutes waiting. One of the managers that deals with hiring finally came and brought us out to one of the seating areas.

We talked about what made a good employee, good experiences, bad experiences, what some of our extracurricular were. We passed around the 'style guide' and dress code, which was fair. Then we went back into the store, and she had us choose an outfit (this was my favorite part) and try to 'sell it' to the employees who were working at the time. We were asked our availability and were told that we would be called within a few business days.

I heard back from them by phone (voicemail because I was in school when they had called) and was offered a job and accepted it! BI was asked to come in to 'orientation' which is just more paper work. They made me come back so many times!
1) Orientation/Initial Paper work
2) Application for Work Permit
3) Actual Work Permit
4) School Schedule/Calendar
5) Copies of Two Forms of ID
They are unorganized about which paper work you need.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most positive experiences you've had with retail/while shopping?   1 Answer
  • What was one of the most negative experiences you've had with retail/while shopping?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Considering I'm a high school student, no negotiation about the $8/hr minimum wage.
Before you consider working here, make sure you know ahead of time that the managers will be on you from Day 1 about your schedule. So far, my first day was Saturday, and they told me I was scheduled to work Sunday and Monday as well, except they hadn't told me that before! They told me it wasn't their job to tell me when I was working, because it's up on the website (which they said they would explain later) and that if I needed to request off, I needed to tell them 2 weeks in advance.
Also, they don't have a regular schedule system. The days you work vary 24/7.