Aéropostale Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5-8 other people. When I walked in and submitted my job application I was asked a few questions on the spot and signed up for a group interview right then. The questions were pretty basic interview questions. It was for a seasonal position but they kept me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Arlington, TX).

Interview

After I turned my application in they just asked me a few questions like what I did in my spare time and small questions like that. After I answered their questions they thanked me and said they would keep in touch. They called me a few days later to tell me if I could come in for a second interview but really it was just to put my information in the system to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sunrise, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in the store got a application and was told to come in the next day. The interview process was only five mutes long and it was ok I guess. They said that if I don't get a call back three days later it means I did not get the the job> Unfortunately they did not call so I didn't get the job, but they said I can reapply in 60 days

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to get a application, and got called the next day. I went into the interview with 10 other people, they were really sweet and just laid back. They want someone who is outgoing and can make you feel welcomed. So, show them that you're funny and great with people. Because, that's what their team is all about. Be yourself and don't worry! They're just having fun, and they're looking for someone who would be comfortable around customers and their staff. They will pick out random people in your group to pick an outfit and put it together and try to sell it to them, don't worry. Just pick out something adorable that you'd wear, I was in there for about a hour an a half. They had 11 people and only hiring 1, they said they'd call and let whoever know they got the job. The second I walked out of my interview and drove home (which is about 30 minutes) I was being called in and they planned me to get trained on a Thursday. Just be yourself and you'll do great! :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None negotiable. I got the salary I wanted, and my job positions!

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I went in and got an application she gave me an interview that Thursday at 4 , I went in and it was going to be a group interview but the guy didn't show, and we were just in front of the store she was so sweet and said I'll let you know between Monday -Wednesday and then called me Friday offered me the job and I accepted

Interview Questions

• typical questions like , your strengths, most memorable vacation, what makes shopping fun, what makes you walk into a store, how to handle a customer, why aero, why retail   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Maumee, OH).

Interview

I applied in person and a week later went back to check on my status. They wrote down my info and called me for an interview a couple days later. I went in same day as the call. They had me make two outfits (one for a guy and one for a girl) with a theme based on what I did over the weekend. We talked about the outfits and my outfit that I was actually wearing. I was asked a couple super easy questions. The manager introduced me to the other employees and we chatted for bit. Afterwards she explained the store policies to me and showed me the back room and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about Aeropostale that stands out from the other brands?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your duties would be here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

They just ask basic questions, The process wasn't too long. After the questions told us to pick an outfit like you would wear to work and maybe after to a friends. Then hired me on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Mays Landing, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple questions to see your ease of talking and personality. However, there was a unique and challenging part testing your fashion sense. I had to pick out outfits for scenarios given to me by my interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in store, gave my application to the manger he looked over it and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I had my interview with another manager. It happened really fast and way so easy. After she told me i got the job she asked for 2 letters of recommendation that i could turn in when i have orientation.My oirentation way the folowing sunday.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about aero?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

You had to apply by going to the actual Aeropostale store to pick up and application. I would say two weeks or less you would get a call back and a group interview would be set. Then there's a group interview of five or three people and they asked you about three questions. In my case, they called me later in the evening after the afternoon group interview to offer me the sales position.