Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.4

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Manchester, NH) in June 2010.

Interview

When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orland Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

fast paced screenings. under five minutes. you have very little time for employers to grasp who you really are. they mostly ask unimportant questions about clothes, for example. I don't know how clothes affect my performance as an employee

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (South River, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the hr person asked me to describe how my experience relates to the job in an email. I had an in person interview a couple of weeks later. The facility wasn't nice looking. It's at a factory off of Rt. 18. I was scheduled to meet with the distribution director and the transportation manager. The meeting with the distribution director was casual. He didn't ask difficult questions, and he did most of the talking. He gave me a tour of the the warehouse. Then he had me meet with a team member, and she was asking me difficult questions. I thought it was weird that she was asking me difficult questions instead of the director. I was supposed to meet with the transportation manager, but the team member came back in and said he was in a meeting, but I didn't believe her. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've done something wrong at work and how you went about fixing it.
      Will you be comfortable speaking with vendors and shippers on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about five of us. It took about 30 minutes to complete. During the interview the manager asked us scenario questions in which we all answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you ?
      Do you, yourself shop at Aeropostale?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly mild, I got to speak with two people in one day. I felt intimidated because manager kept expressing the job wasn't for everyone and how hard it is to juggle multiple catergories. While I was confident I could have done the job well it made me not want to go further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I brought in my application and two letters of recommendation and they told me to come back on Tuesday for an interview. I arrived around 15 minutes early and they didn't even remember I had an interview. They actually seemed disappointed that I was early. I had to wait 25 minutes for my interview because they didn't have enough people working there at the time and forgot I had one. They kept talking about me while I was waiting such as "I have to give this girl an interview and I can't until Danielle gets back". It was very unorganized. She finally took me into the back and asked me a few questions about my school and activities. She asked me if I had any questions (you should always have questions). She told me they would call me by Friday. They did not so I called on Monday and she said they are giving call backs by the end of this NEXT week or the week after that. I still did not get a call, so I called again the next Monday and they said that they are no longer hiring.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I'd applied via the company's website and received a call from HR within days.
    Went on two interviews. Met first with the Senior Manager followed by the VP in the same week. The first two times I had to canceled due to an emergency and was unable to make it, but nonetheless I still rescheduled and went on both interviews. I am very disappointed. I've been applying to AERO since 2008 and gone on numerous interviews. I know I've the experience and skills. Not clear why I would get called back for a second interview if the company if not interested. Won't be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what you do?
      How many emails do you receive daily?
      Please tell me about yourself and background?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Vacaville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to apply and then interviewed with SM. She passed me on to DM. Was supposed to interview on a Friday but they got the days mixed up so I waited a week after that. She liked me told me they would do a background check then I start. However a week later I receive a text from the SM saying im not a good fit now. Took a month.